10

"This is disgusting.." I muttered, my nostrils seeming to sting as the stench of walker guts filled them. Carol cloaked me in 'camouflage' but it was really just the innards of a walker.

I had to blend in. This was the requirement. It was working too. The two of us walked through a large group of walkers, none of the monsters taking any notice of me or Carol.

Carol remained silent. Her eyes were glued to the road, searching for a turn off to Terminus through the woods. The woman was not one to talk, and I felt inferior to this stranger.

"What happened?" I spoke quietly, glancing to the woman. "How did you get separated from Rick? The prison?"

Carol's eyes broke from the trees and dropped the ground momentarily, but she regained her composure, shaking her head.

"No; I left before that."

"...why? Carl said the prison was safe."

Carol sighed, obviously not going to answer me, and broke the conversation off by nodding towards the woods. "Come on. We're going through the woods here."

Our boots crunched harshly in the leaves as we stomped under the thick canvas above us. Walkers stumbled by me, not even stopping to notice my unfamiliar facade.

Several minutes of intense silence reigned as I followed behind Carol through the trees. Suddenly, a gasped escaped my lips as my eyes landed on the large building that I had been on the road to for days.

A large terminus stood behind a metal chain link fence, the fence circling the area. On the front of the white building was a large 'TERMINUS' spelled in messy black letters. Black crates laid randomly outside the building on the pavement along with gas tanks and abandoned train cars.

Carol kneeled down and motioned me to follow. Eyes wide, I gazed around the building and gasped when, in the distance, I saw a very familiar person in my vision.

Rick was gagged and being yanked from the ground. He was being dragged my two men into a building with the man Daryl and two other unfamiliar people behind him.

"I'm going in." I slid my axe into my belt before wrapping my fingers in the fence loops and pulling my body up, beginning to climb.

"What?" Carol hissed, yanking at my arm, almost causing me to fall. "Why don't you wait for me? You can't just go running in!"

"I'm going before you blow it up." I yanked my arm away and scaled the fence quickly, flipping over the top. My body fell to the ground feet first, landing gracefully. "I'm quick. I'll get in, find them, and then you can destroy the fence. It'll be a good distraction, trust me."

Carol shook her head solemnly, glancing from my face to the large building behind me. "Okay, but you have 10 minutes to get in and find them. In ten minutes, I'm blowing it."

I nodded curtly. "What are you gonna do after?"

Carol kneeled and positioned the gun on a gas tank sitting right behind a gate."I have my own plans." She muttered. "But hopefully, I'll find you after. With Rick and everyone else." I glanced at the woman and nodded, hoping she was right.

"I'll see you on the other side." I said quietly, offering the lightest smile, and Carol responded with a simple nod of her head. With that I turned on my heels and ran towards Terminus, going on a clock that counted down to chaos.

I jumped the low fence, scanning the yard for anyone. No one was currently outside, but that wouldn't last for long. I needed to get inside. My eyes searched desperately for a door, and I spotted one, my legs burning as they bolted towards the entrance. I nearly ran into it and entered quickly, shutting myself into the large building.