3

Lol hey guys, WADDUP

{So I got a new cover!! It was made by the wonderful MayGarner and she's awesome tbh :) }

Okay twd time

+

+

+

SKYE

Waiting and waiting.

Carl and I had no option but to wait and see if Rick would wake up. I felt bad for him; Carl had been through a lot in recent events. The elephant in the room stood clearly, and I could not prevent my curiosity to know what had happened to the damaged stranger.

So, as I asked, Carl told me what happened. His explanation was simple; but cruel to listen upon. Everyone he once knew was most likely dead; wiped out, demolished, and broken apart by the world's grimy, cruel fingers.

Carl's voice had been cold and vague when he uttered his backstory; I felt a million stories wrapped in one as he spoke his words.

He said that the rest of his group was probably gone for good, and it was just him and his dad. He explained that they had been at a large prison for a while, creating a safe and reliable home that was free from danger with it's high fences, solid walls, permanent foundation, and powerful inhabitants. But like all good things in the world, it didn't and couldn't last. His group's enemy, people who once were of a humane nature, sought to take what Carl's group had rightfully made their own, and like always, destruction followed the unavailing conflict.

Carl explained grimly that his father had been in a 1 on 1 fight with their enemy's pariah, a man called 'the governer'. It was a battle concerning life or death; and Rick won, but barely managed to come out of it alive. Carl and escaped the camp, leaving the destructive building licking with flames and ruin to waste; for they had lost the refuge that they had worked 8 months to hold at their claimed demesne. After the war fought between Carl's group's enemy was completed, all of his loved ones were either scattered or dead from the chaos; and Rick and Carl, after escaping together, had just been set on the goal to find a place to take shelter. Lucky for them, they found the house we currently inhabited the night after I arrived and took it while I had been scavenging the other homes.

Talk about a lucky meeting. I thought numbly.

Rick, due to the heavy injuries he attained in the fist fight, passed out soon after the two stolen my base. He still hadn't gained his consciousness. It had almost been two days.

Carl's eyes were misty; distant, like they belonged somewhere else with a lost and grasping innocence as he spoke. The lines of emotion that could bend his face and reveal a plethora of agony within did not show, and he allowed no emotion to trickle exposure to me, a stranger; but even if he had shown his weakness, I would have understood with a complete knowledge. He had a reason to be upset; for if what he said was true, he had lost almost his entire family like I did.

When Carl asked me of my backstory in the mystery between two broken strangers, I shrugged it off and threw out a lie about my parents dying in the first wave. My tongue seethed with fire and sorrow as I lied, feeling disrespectful to the tragedy of their deaths that faulted upon me; but I could not trust the mysterious boy just yet. Thankfully, he didn't think much about it, and went on with his own concerns, leaving my desolate past in the dark, where I liked it kept.