Chapter 3

I went downstairs to get water when I heard the front door open. Is someone here to break in? I thought to myself. I became truly terrified when I heard footsteps coming into the kitchen so I grabbed the largest knife from the knife set and I held it to the person walking in.
"Whoa! Are you holding a knife to me in my own house?" asked the man that walked in.
"I'm so sorry, I thought someone was trying to break in. I'm Zaria."
"What are you doing in my house though? I knew my mum was desperate for me to get married but I didn't know she was this desperate."
"What?! No. I'm not here to be your wife. My husband and I just got a divorce and I had nowhere to go so your mum offered to take me in until I get back on my feet. She works for us as a housekeeper."
"Oh, you're the snob she has to work for."
That hurt but I was not surprised, I wasn't exactly the best employer. At that time I felt like I owned the world so I did not bother being nice to anyone. I was a real thorn in the backside, fifty shades of rude.

Raina cleared things up with her son by explaining everything to him and I sort of felt embarrassed by my dirty laundry. It'll get worse when everyone finds out why Quin left me and then I'll want the Earth to just open and swallow me, the shame of being left for someone younger is just too much for any woman to handle.
"What do you plan on doing to pick yourself up, you can't stay in my house forever," said Paul.
"I haven't exactly thought things through, I have no money, no job and absolutely no skills. Quincy took me in when I was only 16 years old, I never finished school. But don't worry, I'll figure something out though."
"Good, the sooner you figure something out, the sooner you get out of my hair."
"No wonder you're not married," I said walking away.

I feel like we're friends, I mean you're still here. Ow you're so sweet ♥