Chapter 2

"Mrs. Scott, why are you sitting out here in the rain, is everything ok?" asked Mrs Gonzalez, one of our housekeepers.
"I'm fine Mrs. Gonzalez," I said trying to fight back the tears.
"Mrs. Scott, you're crying. Are you sure everything is ok?"
I couldn't fight this anymore. I just couldn't sit here and pretend as if nothing was wrong. I just sat on that bench at the bus station crying my eyeballs out, if someone told me that this would happen to me in a year, I would've laughed in their face. I told Mrs. Gonzalez everything and she offered to take me in until I could stand on my feet.

"Mrs. Gonzalez, your house looks incredible. How did you afford all of this?" I was a bit taken aback by her house. I honestly did not expect her to have such a beautiful house with a modern architecture interior, she must've spent a fortune which she's probably still paying off.
"Mr. Scott is a very generous man when it comes to paying us but this is actually my son's house."
"Won't he be bothered by me being here?"
"He's a busy man, he won't even notice you're here and besides, I could do with some company when I come back from work."
"Thank you so much Mrs. Gonzalez."
"Please call me Raina, we're not at work anymore."
Mrs. Gonzalez, I mean Raina, showed me around her son's house then she showed me where I would sleep.
"Your son's house is quite something," it was modern meets vintage architecture with a homey feel. I could imagine children just running around and just playing in it. I've always wanted children with Quincy but he was always so busy with work and travelling the world that we couldn't factor them in and when he started having affairs I decided to put them on hold. I guess a part of me knew that this wouldn't last forever.
Raina made dinner for us and we stayed up talking about my marriage and her son.
"So what does your son do for a living?"
"He's a chef and he has a chain of restaurants all over the city."
"That's quite impressive, why do you work though?"
"a) My son's money is not mine and b) I would get bored sitting around this house all day doing nothing, I need to keep busy. How did you do it though?"
"When you have no skills, qualifications or work experience, you kind of have no choice than to sit at home. Quincy didn't even want me to work, he always said that he would take care of me so I should just sit at home and look pretty."
Eventually Raina retired to sleep because she had to get up early for work the next day.
I on the other hand could not sleep. I was up all night thinking about my life, everything I had lost and how I would make things work. I can't depend on Raina forever.

Ncaww! Look at you still reading. Don't forget to vote 😉