Chapter 16

Shizukana's P

Shizukana's P.O.V
We managed to get onto a boat without anymore complications.
It was completely danger free after we came across the brothers, yet we shouldn't let our guard down. Not for a second.

Sitting near the edge of the boat, I let the feeling of the water around me calm my tense thoughts. To a Sairen, or even to a regular Mist ninja. The water is our home, and we feel extreme comfort and security around it.
After all. Someone would have to be a fool, if they ever dared to challege a Mist ninja in their own turf. This applies even more for the Sairen's, since our name literally means Siren.

Giving a small sigh, I let my hand fall into the water. Relishing the feeling of cool water between my fingers.

"The mist is so thick."
I smile lightly at Sakura's comment. To Sakura the mist Is a mere annoyance. To me, it's like a blanket of saftey. I could see perfectly right now, even if its been awhile since I've been around such heavy mist.

"We should be able to see the bridge soon. If we move along the side of the bridge, we'll Be at the Country of the Wave."

To be quite frank. I don't want to get off this boat. Getting off the boat would mean getting away from the water, and my number one place of defense.

The mist seems to thin out as we reach the side of the bridge. The sheer size of the bridge causes Naruto's eyes to widen.

"It's huge!"

I turn my eyes directly towards him, shooting him a harsh glare. Unfortunately he didn't catch it, which leads to me being more irritated.

The row man wasn't so discrete.
"H-Hey, be quiet! We're using this boat and hiding in the mist. That's why im rowing instead of using the engine. In other words,  if we get caught, we'll be in trouble."

Naruto instantly looks guilty, covering his mouth so he doesn't talk.

If the mist helps us that much...then I'm sure I can help out a little.

Looking at my hands, I try to remember the teachings from Hiruzen-Sensei and Oji-San.
Closing my eyes, I replay the hands signs and the Chakra needed, in my mind. The lessons of Chakra control coming to the surface.

Taking a deep breath, I spread my Chakra out. Not focusing it to just one point.
Opening my eyes, I see Kakashi whip his head towards me, his eyes narrowed.

"What are you doing." He say's Warily

I don't answer him, instead continuing to concentrate.
After a longer period of time, I do the hand signs that are needed.

"Hidden mist jutsu..."
I whisper lowly to myself, making sure no one heard.

The mist begins to thicken around us, at an alarming rate.
Slowly, I feel myself merge with the mist. Finding comfort In the ability to hide in it.