Chapter 10.

Of course I was excited for my plans with Karma. Not that we planned anythng that special, we were just going to hang out at his place after work. But then again my anxiety crept up and started asking all these questions. Some fun examples are: 'what does he mean by hang out?', 'Does he hate me but is he just trying to be nice?' And the classic: 'What if I embarrass myself and he'll hate me?' Whoever knew having a possible crush was this bad.

I did however have a job to do during the day. I wish I didn't, but I assumed Irina did not find my questionably-a-date questions a good excuse for taking some breaks. So instead I spent my time trying to find Irina's head of floor, Lovro.

Lovro's not really a guy you can look past once he is in your view, the problem is getting him in your view. He never sat in his office and walking around surely seemed his thing. He'd always look what others are doing. Sometimes he just pops up to tell people what it is they do wrong, Irina seems to be the main target for that. Whenever Irina is laying back, doing nothing, Lovro somehow shows up as if he were waiting for the moment to bust her. He says he does it so she'll improve but to me the creative use of swearwords by Irina seems like enough reason to do such a thing.

So anyway, Lovro needs some information on last month's planning and I need to figure out what went wrong. Basically, figure out who did not finish that which they had to and those who caused that. Though it seemed Karasuma and Lovro were the only ones involved with this schedule who finished their work. Irina apparently forgot to add the contacts from Hungary to all the mass email codes, a job I'll now probably have to do.

In the end I found Lovro. He was spying on Karasuma, an action I more expected from Irina then from him, and he was making notes. "Lovro, sir." I said to gain his attention. Lovro swiftly turned around and inspected me in mere seconds. "Nagisa Shiota, you seem to be looking for me?" He asked, though the only answer needed was a nod of confirmation. I showed him the schedule and he realised what I meant.

He led me to his office, one often unused, and logged in his computer so I could get to his files. "Just use what you need, try not to waste time here I'd like my office back by 4." He said. As if he ever used his office.

I had been silently working for half an hour probably. I wanted to focus on the work and make sure I didn't mess up. I knew the importance of all the work done in December. Oh that's right it was already December. Christmas wasn't very far.

I did keep working, but in the meantime my mind dwelled around the idea of christmas  my planning was to go back home to my mom and then come back here to celebrate new year's with Kayano, Sugino, Kanzaki and Manami. We were planning on using my appartment because my neighbours would be gone to Italy.

But then again, my mom was already stayinf with me. Would she stay for christmas? And what about new year's? I couldn't help but think about how I'd have to change my plans. And then that bet....

"You look concerned, Blueberry." A voice said and I let my chair fall backwards in shock. Luckily whoever spoke also had taken the time to catch the chair before I'd drop down. "Jesus Nagisa, be careful please." Oh boy I recognized that voice.
"Karma?" I let out, slightly shocked. He grinned as he looked at me as if ready to tease the hell out of me. "Is Blueberry really your best?" I asked him nonchalantly. He sighed and jumped on top of the desk, not sure if Lovro would like that. "Your hair and eyes are blue and it sounded cute like you so yeah..." Karma sighed. I blushed heavily. Karma just called me cute.

"So anyway, what you doing?" Karma questioned me as he bent over to look at the computer. On the screen could be seen several personal schedules and a list of handed in documents. Karma seemed bored with these and took ahold of the mouse to direct it to internet. For some reason he was going to youtube.

"You have to see this weird dog, man." Karma said as he started typing. "B-but I...I-I Was working on somethi-" But I was cut off by a video of a cute dog. The dog was wearing sunglasses and doing some tricks. Meanwhile I was worried about not being able to finish my job while Karma was telling me all about his parents' dog.

A/N: Hope you like the first day of "chapters until Christmas" or whatever I call this thing I'm doing...