Chapter 8.

A/N: One beforehand because....apology for the week later....long chapter tho...maybe another one tonight as well? Reasons for lateness at the end!

for now: Enjoy!

After our short...meeting...Karma walked me home. I had tried to refuse his offer mostly because I wanted to be polite, but also because it felt a little awkward. Karma however was not going down and basically just forced me to accept his terribly kind offer. So I put my hoodie on again, causing a bit of a sad look on Karma's face, and took my coat as well.
Once we walked out Karma was shivering like crazy. I for one had heated up pretty well by now, how could I not with all these layers. To me it's not a normal thing to offer my coat of course, biggest reason being its impracticality. So I took of my White hat, that had earlier been warming my ears, and put it on his head. "You really should be careful not to get sick." I told him as he looked at me shocked by my forceful action. Karma smiled and I swore I saw him blush as he mumbled something about behaving like a mother.

Eventually we reached my apartment. I looked at Karma to say something but he seemed lost in thought. "Karma?" I asked, tilting my head. He looked at me and shrugged. I had no clue why he shrugged so I decided to ignore it. "Well I think I'll go inside..." I stated. Karma nodded and then questioned: "Do you still have my number?" I blinked a few times and nodded. "I just....wasn't sure like..." I started but I had no end for the sentence. "Just text me when you want I guess." Karma said before waving and walking away.
"WAIT" I yelled before taking out my phone. I took off the glove from my right hand using my mouth and started searching on my phone. Karma looked at me in confusion before taking a step towards me again. He was about to say something when a loud ping could be heard from his pocket. He had a puzzled look on his face as he stared at his screen. "Now you can text me when you want too." I smiled. Karma let out a chuckle and now walked away for real. "I will." Was all he said.

I came inside my apartment and all I could do once I had closed the door was just stare. I felt slightly tired and wanted to walk towards my bed and just fall into. On the other hand, I was brightly awake and ready to actually have a day full of activities, even though it was already past 5. I reached for my phone inside my pockets and as soon as I had it in my hand I threw off my coat. I called the first person I could think of.
"Hey Nagisa what's up?" Kayano asked me confused on the other side of the line. "Kayano I have a problem." Was all I managed to say. Kayano was quiet for a moment, obviously waiting for more, before saying: "well...what is the problem?" Nagisa sighed and fell down on the couch.
"I think I might be in love."

------------------------------------

I was in a daze. My entire day had made me very confused and all I could think about was just sleeping. But then whenever I tried lying down my head started hurting and I got up again to pace around my apartment. It made me wonder whether my neighbours were waiting for me to fall through the floor just so I'd stop ruining their sunday peace.
I was about to attempt falling into my bed for the seventh time when my doorbell rang. My first thought was that it was Kayano. She'd said earlier she'd come by to talk to me about my love issues in person but that she was too busy for the day. Sure it would be a surprise for her to suddenly arrive at my door anyway but Kayano managed to surprise me a lot through the years. Seeing as I did not want to be the asshole that makes their best friend wait outside for too long, I went to open the door. I was about to say hey when I saw who it actually was, waiting for me to open.

"Mom?!" It certainly surprised me, she certainly surprised me. I mean, it was quite the let down compared to the chance of it being Kayano. "Hello Nagisa." My mom smiled. I didn't really say anything so my mom just moved past me into my apartment. She seemed to look around, disapprovement on her face. "Honestly how do you live here?" She asked me out loud. I snapped myself out of my blank state by shrugging my head violently. "Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked her.