Chapter 6.

After a long week of work, I was absolutely delighted to have a weekend with nothing planned at all. The only plan was to sleep, eat, watch Netflix and then repeat that exact pattern. Sugino, another good friend of mine, had asked me if I wanted to go to this club with him and his friends on friday, but I declined. I wasn't really up for being confused for being a girl and having drunk guys hit on me. And above all, I wanted some peace. It was my plan to rest.

Unfortunately my plans were disrupted by a single phone call... at 4 in the morning. Now let me tell you, I wasn't happy to be woken up early on a free saturday. So naturally I picked up my phone without looking who called. Instead of greeting whoever was on the other side of the line I groaned loudly. "Wow, that's not a sexy thing to do Nagisa." The phone told me.

I was silent for a few seconds, trying to figure out who was on the other side of the line. After a moment of silence it hit me, It was Irina.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry Irina but like....It's 4 what the..?" I apologized to the phone. I heard Irina chuckle and immediately knew she was wide awake, unlike me. I could imagine how she had her long blond hair flowing perfectly while she was sitting in some overly fancy clothing. Irina could probably still charm any man at 4 in the morning with her skills, but not me. "Also this is out of work hours so unless it's really important I'm going to hang up...okay?" I said, making it a question to not sound too rude to my boss. "WAIT NO- GAH!" She yelled and I heard a loud bang through the phone, which probably meant she fell.

Before I could say anything about hanging up again Irina spoke. "I'll pay you extra if you do this thing for me." She knew how to get to me. I needed money. My heating was still broken and honestly, I wanted it fixed but it was too expensive. My wage was barely enough for me to buy food, pay rent every month and have Netflix. "What is it you want me to do exactly?" I asked, doubtingly. Irina squealed through the phone causing me to almost drop said item. And that's when she explained my new side quest.

"I should really tell Irina to fuck off next time." I mumbled to myself as I walked through the empty street. It was around 12 and I was a little tired. I let out a big yawn just to clarify that. It was extremely cold outside so I was wearing about 10 layers of clothing, and still freezing to death. My white, woolen hat was pulled over my ears but I was sure they were still bright red.

I walked around the corner to see my destination: a tiny house which was rebuilt to be a small office. Inside was a group of starting business people running their own company. As far as I was concerned they handled multiple delivery services for other smaller companies. It was quite ingenious, but also difficult to explain so I won't put effort into it. The building was just a house, which was probably good enough for the sort of company they had.

I rang the doorbell and waited. I was hoping for someone to open the door quickly because the november air was quite icy. I was just thinking about how it might start snowing in December if the cold keep up like this, when someone opened the door to wake me up from my daydream. "Johnston and All, delivery management, can I help you?" The guy who opened the door asked me. He looked about my age, but then more handsome. His strawberry blond hair seemed way to summer-like for the time of the year and his purple eyes seemed to infiltrate my soul as if trying to figure my entire being out.

"Maybe?" I answered softly as I took a paper out of my coat's pocket. On it I had written the data Irina had given me over the phone. I didn't get much of it but when the guy took the paper from me and read it his face turned into a smile. "I see, you're from Kunugigaoka Inc? Come in." He said as he opened the door further so I could come in. I immediately felt the warmth as I stepped in and couldn't help but sigh of relief.

I heard the guy chuckle and turned around to look at him. "I get it, it's not the warmest of Novembers." He smiled. Somehow he managed to give off a vibe that made him seem more important and better than me. "My name is Gakushuu Asano, by the way." He said as he put out his hand for me to shake. I took his hand and said: "Nagisa Shiota, My boss Mrs. Bi- I mean Mrs. Jelavic couldn't come."

Gakushuu seemed to think for himself for a moment. He put his head between his thumb and index finger, clearly in thought. "Wait a second... Asano?" I thought out loud. Gakushuu looked up and grinned at me. "Sound familiar?" he questioned me. I turned completely red. "You're the son of the Director of Kunugigaoka Inc. right?" I spoke softly. He nodded, but no longer looked prideful. "But I'm not my father, I have my own company as you see." He said as he motioned around himself. I nodded and followed him in further so he could give me the documents and materials I needed.

An hour later I was finally out of the door. Gakushuu waved me off and then closed the door, and as soon as he did I dropped my smile. I really wanted to go back to bed. I turned the corner of the street, looking down at the layer of old autumn leafs covering the sidewalk. The brown and orange leafs looked aesthetically pleasing, even though the colour meant they were dead. I looked up again, to make sure I wouldn't bump into people when someone else slipped on the dead leafs and bumped into me instead.

And that is how I ended up on the ground with red hair covering my view. The only thing on my mind at that moment was: 'Red hair, surely not...' But it seemed the world was feeling in the mood for some strange coincidence. The redhead looked up and looked me right in the eyes to see who he fell on top of. Seeing his eyes, even he was surprised about the sudden coincidence. "Hey Karma..." I greeted him.

"Nagisa? What are you doing here?" Karma asked me confused. I sighed and tilted my head back. "Can you believe it? Work." I answered him. He laughed a little and I stared at him for that. Surely work isn't that funny. "When do you not work exactly?" He asked me. "Well normally weekends, holidays and whenever I can't get up because someone won't get off of me." I stated, the last part saying while looking him dead in the eye. He got the hint.

Karma got off of me and brushed some leaves off of his pants. He then offered his hand to me, to help me get up. I took his hand gladly, yet also while blushing. Luckily the cold air already had made my cheeks red, so it's not like he'd notice. "So why are you working this weekend?" Karma asked me. "Irina had a small emergency and said she'd pay me extra if I took care of it." I sighed. My eyes grew big and I frantically felt my coat pockets. I only calmed down once I felt the USB stick safely inside one of the pockets.

Karma laughed, sounding a little awkward before asking: "Are you doing anything else today?" I looked at him confused. My head was tilted to the side as I thought about what he said. He'd better not be asking me out. "I know this coffee place.." Oh my god he was asking me out. "I mean, you look kinda cold and all." Karma added yet again. I was sincerely doubting whether I should say yes to that offer. "Ah whatever, I'm cold so...sure." 

A/N: no one knows how the night with Kayano ended I guess... It'll be mentioned later don't worry. So anyway... I'm getting to the actual love-ish part now...probably....I suck at writing romance I need more experience *wink wink*