chapter twenty-five

Start from the beginning

"I'll call you later. Love you," he says after we let go of one another.

I leave, nodding and waving a bye from a distance.

"I love you too." I whisper back as soon as he drives off. Cause inside, I'm screwed.

I'm a complete mess.

-Next Day-

I wake up in the most awkward position. My legs out of the mattress and my arms everywhere. I could barely see because all my hair was across my face.

I've never woken up like this.

I move my hair away from my face and all I could see is a head right next to me. I jerk back.

Who the hell is that?

I notice that theres an arm around my waist and I take it off immediately.

I jump off my bed, afraid that somebody had knocked me out and did something bad to me, but thats when I realize that the person in my bed was Calum.

I'm so confused, so terrified.

"Calum?" I say, shaking him a bit.

He groans, his head lifts up and he spots me.

"Chloe?" He says.

"What are you doing here???" I ask.

"I was scared last night." He says almost relaxed.

"What the hell Calum! You cant just enter my house and sleep in the same bed as me. What happened???" I ask terrified.

"No nothing really happened Chloe. Calm down! I only kissed your cheek, nothing more. And your sister let me in."

"But oh goodness whats wrong with you??"

Calum looks almost taken aback when I say this and I cant help to notice how he looked away.

"Sorry, im not a morning person. But why are you here, like honestly?"

"I missed you. And I couldn't take the pain any longer. I had to be with you." He says, his eyes blinking so sincerely.

-Calum's Perspective-

Chloe's facial expression relaxes, her lips slightly parts and I can't help to notice how cute she looks in the morning. Her hair all over her face and her face all pale and soft.

"But Calum, I--"

"Don't say anything more." I say.

I sit up on the bed, the sheets fall off of my body and Chloe's eyes widen.

I forgot to put on my shirt.

"Calum!" She yells, her arms reach up to cover her face and I can't help but to laugh at her.

I grab my t-shirt, slipping it on only halfway.

"I put on my shirt Chloe. You can open your eyes," I say.

She lets go of her hands and sees that my shirt is only halfway on and I laugh once again as she turns away.

I could see her face turn bright red though, and I smile to myself, slipping my shirt all the way down.

"Okay now its on for reals." I say almost in a whisper.

She peeks a little, first making sure that my shirt was on completely and then she turns fully now.

"God help you," she smiled.

I stretch a little, cracking my back and moving around.

I catch Chloe watch me, her eyes always following my arms.

"What are you looking at?" I ask.

"Your wrist." She says in a whisper.

"Shit. I totally forgot." I say, grasping the blanket and covering my wrist with it.

I watch Chloe come closer to me. She sits down and grabs my hand.

"Calum, why?" She asked.

"Its not you. It's me. Don't worry about it Chloe." I say, although it feels like a lie.

"No tell me Calum. You need help."

When she says that, I get so mad, I jump off the bed.

"Of course i need help! I've always needed help. I'm insane. I'm an idiot! Why wouldn't I need help!?" I yell at her.

"Calum calm down!" She says as she follows me.

"No... no you're right. I need help. I can't stand myself either. I hate myself. You're right. I need help! I can't keep pretending like I don't need it!"

"Please!"

"No Chloe. I can't. Why am I the one who's insane? Why am I the one suffering? Why? Why? Why?  Why can't I just be fixed. Why can't you fix me? Why can't I be saved?!"

"Calum I---"

"You know what? Leave me alone. All I needed was you, but right now, I think I need to be alone." I lie.

I want to scream out. Tell her I love her. Tell her to kiss me. Tell her to save me. Tell her that I'm breaking and that she's the only thing keeping me alive.

But I exit her room in silence.

I walk down the halls, but I hear her steps behind me.

Her small hand grabs mine and she pulls me against the wall and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry Calum." She whispers in my ear.

"Me too." I frown.

"I'm just so sick of it. I'm so sick of not having you. I'm so sick of me. I need you." I reply.

She hugs me tighter and I can't help but to hug her back.

I lean back, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

"I'm sorry too." I breathe into her ear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey again.

I hope you liked this chapter :/

Recently, I've had really happy days and others like today where I feel like complete crap. You know what I mean? Like everything is breaking down and your just another piece of mistake that cant get fixed. Like everyone is okay and youre just breaking and theres nobody to save you. Or understand you. Cause thats exactly how i feel right now. complete crap.

and i know that you guys know me as positive and supportive but you dont know whats behind your screen. im trying so damn hard to stay strong. and im trying so damn hard to keep up with the positive. but im breaking and the fact only gets worse at the thought of it. i hate myself.

never forget i love you tho.

comment what you think, all support makes me feel better.

i hope you guys liked the new cover :/ and go follow my new wattpad instagram @lostinneverland_official for lame edits for Saving Chloe

thanks <33

and although i feel like crap, i know that theres something thats stopping me from doing anything insane. thank you for reading this. you dont know how much that means to me.

i love y'all.

stay strong.

stay perf.

be yourself, even when your world is tearing apart.

-Jennie </3