chapter twenty-two

A/N:

I'm so terribly sorry for not updating in what feels forever :(

P.S. New username and new cover :O

i love you and i hope that im enough to make you feel appreciated <3

signed,

LostInNeverland_

xx

____________________________

-Calum's Perspective-

"I'm sorry Calum. I just can't."

All I wanted to do was die. I let go of Chloe's hands, surprised by her words. My mind didn't want to believe her words

It kind of tore my heart to hear these words.

She loved another, and I couldn't stop it from growing. But I was glad that she loved me too. It was something right?

I glanced back at her, her eyes showing deep sorrow. Her eyes met mine yet there was silence that didn't seem as comfortable as before.

I guess its competition then, huh?

"How can I win you back," I ask quietly.

"I don't know if that'll ever happen Calum."

I broke once more, anguish striking within my body.

"You mean you love Ashton more than you could possibly love me?"

"I can't say."

There was a silence, our breaths fulfilling the awkwardness between us.

"Calum, I just want you to know that if I don't end up with you, I will always love you. Alright?" She says, locking stare with my eyes.

"That's not all I want though. I want you. Not just your love. I need you Chloe. You're the only one who can save me. And I'm the only one that can save you."

"You don't understand Calum. I just-"

"I completely understand Chloe. I need you to understand. You're breaking me Chloe. Please don't do this. I need you. Please."

"It's not that easy alright?"

"That's all I know as of now, but if you think about it, we need each other Chloe. We can make it easy ourselves. Don't you get it?"

"I do Calum. I do get it. But its not at all that simple okay? I can't just leave Ashton like that."

"Well nor can you leave me like this either."

"Calum." She said arrogantly.

"It sounds easy doesn't it? Just move in together, move on. Well it isn't. It might sound like the easiest thing. Saving ourselves. But its not as easy to forget the ones you love." She continues.

"I'm breaking you. Exactly the last thing I ever wanted to do to you Calum."

Her eyes water, my lips drying by just staring at her beauty.

"Chloe." I whisper, moving closer to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"What now?" She asks looking down at her sleeves.

"I've been broken. If anything, you've saved me."

"Is it so?" Her breath hitches.

"It is. Now let me save you, okay?"

She doesn't respond, but I push the thought away. I don't need permission to save her, I just need to.

-Ashton's Perspective-