chapter nine

-Chloe's Perpective-

"Calum?" Dr. Kelps called next.

"They teased me of being the red riding hood only because my last name is Hood." Calum was obviously nervous. His hands were rubbing quickly and as he spoke, his face had gotten pale.

"They called me a girl. An ugly girl. They said i sang like a girl combined with a hippo. I had nothing else to do but believe them.'' Calum licked his lips. He stopped fiddling with his fingers.

"There's no one here to judge you. There's only people that can save you from our well known hell." Calum had opened a new door to reality. Talking from expierence.

"Instead of cutting my wrists, I burned them. I would rather burn than feel nothing at all. It let me know that I was real. And that this was reality. No matter how worthless I felt, it was as it is. I was real. I knew that. But i just had to check."

He was done speaking. Done saying the truth. I look around again, feeling so bad for the people in this room. Wondering why people even bully anyways. Does it do them any good at all?

"Chloe." I was called by Dr. Kelps. Now it was my turn to bite my dry lips and fiddle with my sweaty fingers. I begin differently,

"Everytime I look into his eyes, I see happiness all over. I'm not the same when I'm with him. Its so hard to look him straight into those beautiful eyes he has. Every second changes. Every second counts. When i saw him with my picture perfect sister, I didn't know what to do. It was all the beginning of the end. From that second I avoided looking at him. I wouldnt answer his questions. All I wanted was for the day to finish. Or more like my world to finish."

The eyes dug harder, but I ignored it.

"They told me I cut into my vein, and that I was lucky to survive. He came, he comforted me. But all probably because he thinks Im insane. I really like him but I cant bring myself to tell him. I'm just too afraid to tell him." I've said too much.

The familiar silence circulates within the room, but a bond breaks it.

"Physical pain to distract us from emotional pain right?" Calum said.

I looked at Dr. Kelps, who was writing every detail he could dig onto. So this is what therapy feels like huh? The whole point is to unfold and bond with one another.

I face Calum, nodding as he sends a reasurring smile.

We're so focused on each other that we lose track of time.

We say our goodbyes, and wave our hellos to our family waiting for us outside. I look for Ashton, but he's no where in sight. I sigh aloud, thinking of him for the rest of the day.