Chapter 14: Herself, that's who I loved

And I won't let these Little things, slip, out, of my mouth.

But if they do, it's you, it's you, they add up to

I'm in love with you...

and all these little-

I stopped. I couldn't. I just can't. Every song I'd sing, every song about love, made me think of her... And it just made my heart hurt... Made me feel so ashamed that I let myself fall so deeply for someone who just gave up so quickly...

 They continued to sing before Niall tugged me with his elbow, and I looked down from the lights above, and down towards the moving stage, all the fans yelling, and I forced a smile on my face.

As we landed to the middle stage, I couldn't help but notice all the girls, and for some reason, I still searched for her...

"Hey, Harry. We got to change. Are you going to stay out here?" Liam tugged me, a slight smile to his face. I followed, waving before heading backstage to change.

"Twenty five minute break. We're having some audio tech difficulties," our manager said.

"YES!" Louis cheered, throwing himself onto the couch. I followed close behind, as well as the other men. Niall brought us water bottles, and we emptied them into big cups of ice to make them cold.

"Hey, what happened earlier, Harry? Looked like you were in pain," Zayn asked.. And Niall eyed him sternly. I smiled.

"It's alright, Niall. Nah, just still a little heartbroken," I murmured, looking down at my old boots, analyzing the scratches. I looked up at the men around me, and sighed. Suddenly, a light knock on our door.

"Who is it?" Louis asked, getting up and going to the door to open it.. What was the point of questioning if you're just going to open it anyways.

He opened it slightly, and his face lit up in surprise.

"Sorry to disturb you-" the familiar voice was cut off by Louis jumping on onto..

The door slid open, and my heart skipped a beat. I put my cup of water on the coffee table, and stood up immediately as I glared at that smile,  that hair that fell over Louis arms that he wrapped around her neck.

"Nicole," I blurted, breathless. Her eyes looked up at me, content as she kept the smile and Louis backed up to look at me and smile.

"What a surprise! What brings you here? I thought you went MIA," he joked, and she laughed, pulling her long hair behind her ear. The scar against her neck making me sigh. Her smile shortened as she looked down at the bag she was holding.

"Before I explain, here's a belated birthday gift, Louis.," she passed him a small rectangular box.

"If you don't like it, do whatever your heart pleases with it," she chuckled. She looked up at all of us, then at me.

"Happy New Years, men," she smiled warmly at me, barely ripping her gaze off of me.

I wanted to run to her, to hug her, tell her sorry, tell her to rid of that guilt that you still see in that spark of her eye, but I was hesitant. I didn't want to make things any worse...

It was the worst feeling ever... to want something in that's right in front of you, but you don't even know if it's safe to.. Temptation is the worst.

Liam stood up and held her in a big large hug, and her laugh was so carefree.. It was different.

"Um, since we only have about twenty minutes left," she began as Liam stood beside her, her gaze constantly finding me..

"I've been keeping watch for you guys... Um," she pulled her hand through her hair, and man.. was... that... so... attractive right now. My heart was in a massive coma for her. It's utterly ridiculous.