I watched him until he was too far away. I was still in utter shock but I was so happy that everything was being figured out. My heart pumped harder as I thought of the happiness me and Amir will finally be in.

I wanted to run to him and tell him the good news but I knew he was somewhere sulking or hating me.

I ran home in a happy demeanor. My mother was predicted that it was because of Hanif. And it was.

But for the reasons she didn't know.

*******

Graduation was soon. It was no less than a month. That meant we were ready for finals.

Everyday and every test we took made me more depressed. Amir was ignoring me and constantly going on various dates with women his dad recommended for him as I waited for Hanifs que.

It never came and even Hanif was nowhere to be seen.

I was going to barge in to his personal bubble today and finally get the damn answer from him. I originally wanted to break it off regardless but I didn't want it to get too messy.

"Hanif!" I waved over to him after finally seeing him attend school. He too has been weirdly ignoring me as well.

Hanif finally saw me and walked slowly over to me. "What?" He said without meeting my gaze.

"What is wrong with you? Is there something I should know? Why haven't you said anything?" I quickly bombard him with questions because I was anxious.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see Amir glaring at us. His demeanor so menacing as if he was about to explode but carefully keeping his actions intact.

Sameer was next to him watching as well but not as dangerously as Amir. Mostly out of curiosity.

I suddenly became nervous and the guilt I had tried to bury began to spread within me. Amir I'm sorry.

He waited, I didn't know for what but suddenly our gazes met. I could see the disappointment and hurt in his emerald eyes. However as soon as we met gazes, they quickly showed pure anger. He tore his gaze away and began walking away.

I wish Amir knew that he had my heart. I wish he knew that I wasn't playing him.

"Hanif please." I managed to say after Amir was out of my sight. "Please tell your parents."

Hanif sighed. "Malak it's hard for me. I wish you understand."

"But we are graduating soon. I can't wait forever. Amir is going to leave to college." I pleaded.

"I know and I'm sorry." Hanif looked genuinely apologetic. "It's been hard for my parents that's why."

"Okay but I can't sacrifice my happiness and yours for something I know isn't correct." I tried really hard to make him understand my feelings.

"I know Malak." He sighed. He seemed really frustrated with himself as well.

"I'm glad you do." I knew my voice was full of disappointment but I didn't know how else to express my concern. It had become a burden on us what our parents don't understand.