Maybe Phoebe is still on the clinic. Maybe Chuck is on the middle of memorizing terminologies in the medical school. And maybe Cain is somewhere on top of this world busy with whatever it is in his life. Stupid maybe's.

No one's going to pick me up tonight. I bowed my head and stared at the road in front of me which is now filled with white packs of crystal ice.

"You know you should learn to call me when you're stuck in this cold day."

I heard some familiar voice, the one I've been anticipating too much. And miracle just come its way.

"Tell me your not Chuck," I let out a huge sigh while examining if I could get a better view if there's a mole near his eyelids.

"Eyelids," he smirked and I knew what he meant. I let out a small and weak smile.

He has a mole near his eyelids and that's none other than Cain. He went straight to his car and commanded me to follow him. I tried my best to be so comfortable with him inside the car. Truth is, I'm comfortable with Chuck than when I'm with Cain. Well, we've been texting but we rarely meet.

"Uh... do you want to listen to the radio or..." he looked at me and waited for my answer.

If I say no, there could get a chance that it'd bring up an awkward state of atmosphere between us. And if I say yes, I'd be escaping a moment so we could interact with each other.

"Lauren?"

"Uh... yeah, sure," I averted my eyes from him as he caught me giving him straight stares.

Forced, I looked out of the window and let out a low blow as I feel my cheek heated with embarrassment. And I held the seatbelt tightly.

Not too long, the song Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur played on the car's radio. No matter how I try to go along with it, my heart is beating so loud for no apparent reason. I'm not exaggerating, but swear, being with him in the car is giving me goosebumps.

"So, where's the direction to your house, Lauren?"

"This one," I answered as I gave him the small piece of paper.

It was then that the song on the radio stopped and a breaking news came in. It says that the place where I stay was closed for one night because of the heavy snows on the road and it's safe to stay away from there, exactly.

"Lauren, is that where you live?" he inquired as we exchanged glances.

I gave him a slow nod, where am I going right now?

He stopped the engine and think for a long time if he should just send me home or not. Phoebe might be home right now, her house is a few blocks away from mine. Maybe she went home early. Fie, where am I getting at this time? I stay at the underground station and be a homeless kid?

"You know what, you could stay at home," he offered directly and that shook me.

I opened my mouth but I could hardly say a word until I began to move my head up and down.

"Promise, I'll behave."

He smiled and made a detour. For my own sake, this is just one night. Just one night of not going home.

• • •

"Uh... this is my room. You can sleep here for the meantime."

I scanned his room but I always end up meeting his eyes. He scratched the back of his head and immediately placed his hands on his pockets.

"I'm sorry, we don't have guest's room."