Chapter 9

The contact made you flinch but you enjoyed the warmth of his hand against your cheek. It made you think of the old days, when the two of you were young love birds waiting to take on the world together.

"I- I don't know what to say" you whisper quietly, looking into his soft brown eyes. "Then don't say anything." With that, Kylo pressed his lips against yours, pulling your face close to his. Your breathing was in sync with his and in that moment in time you didn't want it to stop. You wanted nothing more than for Kylo to drop it all and come home with you.

He pulled away, releasing your face. "I guess I can forgive you." You say with a smile spread across your lips. He chuckles at your remark. "It's late, you should be getting to bed. I'll take you back to your room if you'd like." "I'd enjoy that." you reply. 

The two of you walk back to the room, hand in hand, and talking the whole way. Maybe this was a turning point for Kylo. You were still so optimistic about him, and you really wanted this to work out. "It must be tough running this whole place, keeping everything in order and all." "You'd be surprised. Hux is a lot to handle but I manage." he whispers with a wink and it ends with you both laughing. 

You arrive at your room; it was lit with a small candle and all you had for warmth were a few small blankets. "Well I guess this is goodnight" you say looking at the ground between you two. Kylo peers around your shoulder and into the room where you slept. "I'm sorry about that" he says gesturing to the bed and candle. "I'll bring you some better blankets and some more lighting once I make my rounds. I'll be back in a bit." "Thank you..Ben" Kylo winces at the sound of his real name but nods and leaves the room.

You plop down on the bed and kick your shoes off. The bed wasn't the most comfortable or warm but it made do. "Maybe this will work out." you say, closing your eyes and thinking of a hopeful future. You roll over onto your side and notice a picture on the bedside table. It was a picture of a young, you and Poe, sitting on a x-wing fighter. You smile as a tear rolls down your cheek. "I miss you Poe, but I'll make this better I promise." You sat, looking at the picture, wondering how someone had gotten it to you.

You had drifted off to sleep when you hear a light knock on the door. The noise startles you and you jerk awake. Slowly but surely you manage to get your feet on the ground and open the door. You find Kylo holding a pile of blankets and a few candles. "Told you I'd bring some better things." he says with a smile. He drapes three big blankets over the bed and lights four candles, adding a nice glow to the room. "That better" he says, taking a step back admiring what he had done. 

"Thank you. It's much better now." Once again you fall onto your new bed and wrap the blankets tightly around your body. Your eyes meet with Kylo's, who had been watching you act like a kid and chuckling the whole time. "You can come join me you know" you say, scooting over and making room for him. "Oh- um- sure" he says awkwardly. You grin as he takes a seat next to you. 

You get up and sit next to him, draping a fuzzy blanket around his shoulders. He grabs the blanket with his hands and holds it tight against him. "So..where'd you get the picture." You ask him, assuming it was him who brought the photo of you and Poe. "One  of the workers brought it to me after Poe's- passing. They said they found it in his pocket." Silence breaks out as another tear once again rolls off your cheek. "You cared about him an awful lot. I don't know your past with him but I can tell, you two were good friends and I'm-- I'm so sorry for taking that away from you. I thought maybe the photo would be a good memory."

 He holds onto your hands as you quietly sob. "I- for so long Poe and I dreamed of flying one of those things, an x-wing fighter. We planned on going on missions together and saving the galaxy, you know childish things. We never even thought of what danger it could bring. We always thought that no matter what happened, we would always have each other but now-  he's gone."  You let out a deep sigh "I told myself that I would make things better. That him dying wasn't in vain but here I am still grieving over something I can't change.... It just wasn't supposed to end this way." 

You lay your head on Kylo's shoulder, trying to calm yourself down. "You've told me so much about your past, never once hesitated about it. I feel that I owe you my story, huh? Of why I did what I did." You lift your head and look into his eyes. "Please tell." He lets out a long breath, "I'm just scared that once I tell you, you're never going to look at me the same way again. Because you'll see that 'Ben Solo' is gone."

_______________________

Well lookie here, I finally got a new chapter up! Aren't you guys proud!? :D

Took awhile for this chapter  but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did!

Of course I had to leave it with a cliffhanger but hey, next chapter is going to be pretty juicy so it's going to be worth it.