Chapter 3

(Note: there are a few direct quotes from the movie "The Force Awakens" in this chapter. I do not claim any ownership over the words that were quoted)

{Also I'd like the point out that in this chapter and more chapters to come, Kylo is shown do be a bit more compassionate if that's the right word. So no hate if you don't like the way he reacts to things. Thanks:)}

_______________________________________

You had jumped back several feet, your heart was so racing so quickly, you could've sworn it was going to race right out of your body. "Y/N? Are you there? I heard something below me but I don't know what it is. I'm going to check it out." Poe says over the intercom. You desperately wanted to call for help, you wanted to tell Poe to come and save you but you couldn't.

"Well..if it isn't Y/N. I've been waiting for your arrival for quite awhile now." Kylo says in a muffled voice, you imagined him smirking under the mask he wore. "Ben-" "My name is not Ben!" he hollers out. "Ben is gone, he was weak and foolish.. so I destroyed him." "That's not true, I know the real you is in there. Somewhere." scoffing he starts to say "I-" but he is shortly interrupted by Poe's voice. "Hey, I found something by the docking area co-" Kylo reaches out his hand, causing the intercom to suddenly fly through the air right into his gloved hand. "Won't be needing this anymore" he says, crushing the small device.

"Be-Kylo...please come home, we miss you. I miss you" you stare into his robotic eyes as he stands motionless. "And would that fix everything? If I were to come back to the people who abandoned me!?" His voice raises, startling you. "We never abandoned you! You're the one who killed all our allies. Do you remember that? Or have those memories faded as they've been replaced with killing other innocent lives?" "They were never our allies! I did what had to be done!" His voice rattles the room.

"Take off your mask" you hold back the tears that started to form in your eyes. Standing there you await his response, wondering if he'd follow the commands or not. "What do you think you'll see if I do?" "The face of the man I once loved" there's a long silence before he extends his hands behind his head. In a quick click the mask comes off with a small *tsss*

"Are you happy now?" he asks. You have no words for him, so instead you move closer making the space between the two of you smaller. Kylo seems to tense up with every step you take. "I know you're in there. I know you can fight this darkness that lurks within you." "It's too late." "No it's not. Leave here with me. Come home." You stood but a few inches from him, you wanted to reach out and take his hand, but you were afraid of what he might do.

"I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain.- I know what I have to do, but I don't know if i have the strength to do it. Will you help me?" There was a long pause before it was broken by his words. "You know of what I speak of." You take a few moments, trying to process what he had said when it finally clicks. He needed to kill you. If he were move on; you needed to be out of his life. "Even if it claims my life." you whisper to yourself. Saying these words made it all so real."Yes-" you gulp, suddenly becoming very aware of your surroundings. "My part in this war is over" you say ever so bluntly. 

With all the courage you have left you take that last step towards him and plant your lips upon his. You place your hand on his cheek, pulling him closer until your bodies touch. He flinches from the contact that was being made but doesn't resist. You both breath in unison, not wanting it to ever stop. As you slowly pull away you say "A promise is a promise." you referred to all those years ago. The unbreakable promise that Ben and you had taken oath to. His expression turns blank but his eyes told you different. He was shocked, hurt, and possibly even sad all put together; all hidden under the straight face he always kept.