Chapter 81

*Emily's POV*

The next morning our parents woke us up at 9.

"Emily come on wake up. We have to get to the shelter before adoption closes." my mom says to me. I roll over and wake up and look at her.

"What time does adoption close?" I ask her.

"12" she replies to me.

"Okay, I'll shower when we get home. There's no point in showering now." I say getting out of bed. I go to my closet and find something to wear. I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yell. The door opens and Maria appears.

"Reminder, wear something old and not something new. There's going to be a lot of dogs and why ruin something new?" she says.

"Yeah I know. I'm probably just going to wear a muscle tank and soffe shorts." I tell her.

"Yeah I'm going in basketball shorts." She says walking out. I go to my closet and find a muscle tank top. I pull out a Drake one and get a red bandeau. I go grab a pair of black shorts. I take off my pajamas and change my underwear and put my shorts on. Then I take off my shirt and put my bandeau and tank top on. I brush my hair and put in a headband. I decided to take a picture because why not? Selfies for days. I grab my phone and take a few pictures. I look at them and go post one of Instagram.

EmilyDAponte: Going to get a dog. Can't wait to rescue one <3 @marialoccisano

I post it and then close the app. I put my converse on and tie them up. I go knock on Maria's door.

"It's open!" I hear her say. I walk in.

"You ready?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I changed before. I didn't feel like wearing basketball shorts." She says. She takes her phone and we walk downstairs.

"Alright let's go!" maria says. Our parents come from the kitchen.

"You guys ready?" our dad ask. We nod and make our way to the car. Me and Maria get in the back and our parents in the front. Me and Maria take a few pictures and post them on Instagram.

EmilyDAponte: Sisters always make the perfect bestfriends @marialoccisano

We listen to music for the 45 minute car ride till we get to the animal shelter. We get out and walk inside.

"Are you here for adoption?" the lady ask. We nod. She points to a door to the left.

"Dogs are through that door" she says. We thank her and walk in. We go to the first room and hear all the dogs barking. We walk by each cage looking at them.

"They're all so cute. I wish we could take them all." Maria says. We exit the room and go to the next one which is much smaller with only about 6 or 7 dogs. We look at each one and me and Maria stop and our parents keep going.

"Wait mom, dad look at her." I say. They come back over and we look at her. Her name is Sugar with beautiful gray fur. She was just laying there looking at us. Maria bends down and whistles and the dog gets up and comes over to us. She licks our fingers.

"Guys I want her. Really bad." Maria says.

"Alright let's go ask about her" my mom says. We walk back to the front and ask about Sugar. She tells us information about her and we agree on getting her. A worker brings her outside and we interact with her. We go back inside after 10 minutes and go pay for her.

"Sugar is one of the shelters favorite. She was a helper dog actually. She was tested to see if other dogs got along with each other. She gets along with dogs, cats, and people. She loves giving and receiving love." the worker explains to us.