Excited To Go To School

I wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off. It doesn't take me long to get ready. With a shower, it takes 25 minutes, and without a shower, it takes 20 minutes. I already showered last night so today is gonna be short. I guess I woke up early because I'm a little bit excited for today. I get up and walk into my bathroom. I look at my hair and piercing and smile. I'm very proud of my new appearance. I brush and comb my tangled, curly hair. The purple fades perfectly into my almost black hair. It's a very dark shade of brown to the point that it looks black. I clean my new piercing. The good news is my nose isn't swollen or anything.

I brush my teeth, lotion my face, arms and legs, rub oil in my hair, put on deodorant, and perfume on my neck and wrist. I walk back into my room and pull out a pair of black ripped jeans. And for the first time, not a hoodie. I pick out a black and lavender Sleeping With Sirens shirt. I put on my black bra and matching lace underwear and get dressed. I slide on my all black vans. I grab my bag and phone. I run downstairs to see mom packing her bag. "Look you at you looking all cute and stuff," she smiles. I can't believe she's only 38. I swear she's still a teen at heart. And she's not like those moms who try hard. This is actually her being herself.

"Thank you mom," I smile. I'm excited to go to school for the first time ever in my entire life.

"The girl's Christmas party is today, and the guy one is tomorrow, don't forget. I'll pick you up from school today and tomorrow."

"Okay. I'll see you later. Bye," I grab Cash and leave the house. I see Julian leaving his house too. I stick my earphones in and turn on Menace from Crown The Empire. I look up at him a little and see his mouth wide open as he examines me. I smirk a little before hopping on my board and quickly riding away. My foot pushes off the ground faster every time, and slows down when I approach the school. I hop off Cash once I get on school grounds and walk the rest of the way inside. I open the school doors and eyes dart towards me.

My head's not hanging down to the ground with a hoodie covering the majority of my face. My head is held high, and I have a firm grip on my backpack straps as I walk down the hallway. "She actually looks kind of cool," I hear a male voice whisper. It's not common for kids at our school to facial piercings. In fact, I'm not sure anyone has one. And the dyed hair thing is kinda new. The most people do is dye their hair different colors, like brown to blonde and vice versa. I mean this town is fairly small if you think about it. Not small enough for everyone to know everyone, but small of enough for things to not change. I reach my locker and throw Cash inside. I grab my drawing notebook and history notebook. I close my locker and there stands Julian and Loe.

"What the hell is all of this?" I can tell Loe's trying to hold back a smile. Why does he even care?

"Why do you care?" I take out my phone and change the song to Green Day.

"Because you've changed a lot since you found our about the bet."

"Yeah, that's what happens when people treat you like trash and you're fed up. You change." I take a step closer to then, looking up at both of them. "Don't expect me to be all social and stuff now. None of you are worth my time, so stop trying to waste it." The bell rings and I turn around and make my way towards History. I walk inside and eyes turn to me again. They're acting as if they've never seen dyed hair and piercings before. It may not be common at school, but it is outside of school. I walk to the back of the room and take seat in the left corner.

I take out my sketch notebook and I go through it. I think I'm going to use the sketch of my baby brother. It's the dearest to me, and would make for a great story. And for the music portion of it, I'll use Sweet Blasphemy by Black Veil Brides, Migraine by Twenty One Pilots, and The Sky Under The Sea by Pierce The Veil since it's a little heavier. I'd rather not play Slipknot, or System of A Down because they're a lot louder and I want the class to see the good side of my music. I'm not bad at public speaking, especially when it's on a topic that I like, but I just hate it. I figured out that if I just look at the back of then room and pace a little, it somehow makes everything go by faster.

"Storm?" Mr. Benson calls out. I raise my head at him as a way to let him know that I'm paying attention. "You changed a lot since yesterday. I like it," he smiles. I smile back and nod my head a little. I look back down at the picture of my brother that I drew. It's of him and I sleeping in the same bed with both our left hands behind our heads, but all I drew of me was half my face and body and arm since I put most of the concentration on my brother since he was more important then me in it. I miss him every single day. I feel as if he was ripped out of my life so quickly. He was so young and so was I, but I had to watch him so much that I grew to love the day when I had to watch him. I looked forward to coming home everyday to see him smile and stand up on things but fall down every time. He was so determined, and now I know he's limited with his options because he's with her. My grandma. I can't stand that woman. That Bible is nothing but a mess, but I don't judge anyone who believes in it. What I hate about it is how they try to push into people's faces. They're just afraid to make choices so they look to someone of higher power to make it for them

"Storm?" A soft voice asks. I turn my head to see Loe. "You look very mad. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm okay," I smile a little before turning head back down to my desk. 5 years. Maybe soon, we'll be united.