Am I A Game?

Storm's POV

My earphones are in as I stare at the moon that's in full view of my window seat. It reminds of me of the day my dad tried to kill me. The difference is that my brother isn't here, and I'm with a family that actually loves me. I glance over to see Julian pacing back and forth with a worried expression on his face. He looks up from the ground and sees me. I quickly put my head down at my knees that's pulled up to my chest. My phone then vibrates.

??- stop trying to hide from us.

S- who's this?

J- Julian

S- how tf did you get my number?

J- your mom

I look up at him and he gives me a big smiles. I open my window, and he does the same. "What do you guys want from me?"

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth, but you have to promise not to get mad at us." I pause for a second, thinking this all over. What could this possibly be?

"Fine."

"All of us were having a discussion about the girls at our school, and how you were the hardest to get because you don't talk to anyone so we made a bet that none of us could kiss you with you willing to by the end of the week," I see a little smirk fighting not to form on his face.

"I can't with you guys. I don't bother you guys, I'm quiet, and I try to avoid you guys as much as possible, and this is what I end up with?"

"Oh don't be like that. It's nothing personal."

"Yes it is. I haven't even had my first kiss yet, and... and," rage fills me and I quickly shut my window and close my blinds. I run over to my bed and grab my pillow as tears form in my eyes. I'm absolutely disgusted with the human race right now. What the fuck goes through people's minds? Are they seriously that fucking heartless? Because I don't talk to people, the most popular guys at school make a bet to kiss me. Am I a game to them? Am I a game to everyone else? Is that how everyone see me? I try so fucking hard to be invisible to everyone, yet it puts me more and more into the spotlight. There's no winning with this stuff. If you're social, everyone knows you. When you're quiet, people notice that and still know you.

I stand up and I begin to laugh. And laugh as the rivers of tears flow down my face at a fast pace. This is all just a game. I'm a game. That's all i really am, right? I'm done being scared. I'm still not gonna talk, but I think I need an upgrade. I know that I probably scare half the people at my school with my silence, but who gives a fuck? What I care about is how I'm treated. I'm not trash.

~~~

I adjust my skinny jeans before grabbing Cash, my green penny board. I run downstairs to see mom packing her bag for work. "Hey honey," she smiles.

"Hi mom. I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?" She stops packing and looks at me.

"Can I dye my hair and get a piercing?" I smile the most innocent smile I have.

"What?" She laughs a little.

"I'm serious mom. I think I need a change."

"I know, but that's a big step."

"I know. That's why I want to do it."

"What type of piercing do you even want?"

"A septum piercing. It'll be easy to hide and everything."

"And what color do you wanna die your hair?"

"My hair is basically black already so purple," I give her another smile.

"What has gotten into you?"

"A lot of thinking."

"You know what? You're still young and figuring yourself out still so I'll let you do it, but give me a warning next time before you tell me this news."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squeal before pulling her into a big hug.

"You're welcome baby. We'll do it after school."

"Yes!"

"What's all this screaming about?" Dad comes downstairs in a T-shirt and boxers.

"I'll explain later honey," mom says.

"Good morning dad," I walk over and pull him into a hug.

"Morning cupcake. I'm going back to sleep."

"Okay, sleep well." I grab my backpack and leave the house. I look up and see Julian and Max leaving as well. I plug my earphones in a stick my phone in my pocket. I close my gate and ignore both of them. I hop on my board and push off.

I slow down a little to take in the not so fresh air. A hand grips my arm which make me jump a little, but not fall off my board. I stop and turn around to see Max and Julian standing there. "What?" I mumble.

"We've been screaming your name for like 5 minutes. You didn't hear us?"

"I have earphones in for a reason."

"Okay, well we just wanted go apologize because didn't think it was such a big deal." I roll my eyes.

"Both of you have girlfriends already."

"We know."

"You know what? I'm happy you told me."

"What?" Both of them are extremely confused.

"Yeah I am. There's gonna be a change, and it's not going to be my silence. Just stop talking to me. I should have no place in your perfect little world." I turn around and quickly ride off before they can do anything.