He's A Virgin

We pull up into my driveway and get out with our bags. “I’m gonna dye my hair tonight,” I inform them as I unlock the front door.

“Cool, I wanna watch you do it,” Zoe grins. The door opens and both Pit and Mars greet us. “Oh my gosh, you have two Pit bulls? I love Pit bulls!” Zoe bends down and pets both of them. I guess they took a liking to her quickly because they’re already licking all over her.

“That’s Mars and Pit.”

“They’re adorable,” Luna pets Mars. I close the door behind us and lead them to my room. “Nice room,” Luna scans my rooms.

“Thanks,” Zoe lies down on the air mattress and pulls out her phone. “There’s snacks downstairs and my mom’s gonna order pizza soon.”

“Good. So are you gonna dye your hair or what?” Luna grabs the bag with the hair dye inside and pulls it out. It’s a dark blue that I think will look good with the faded purple. “Have you done this before?”

“Nope, but I’ve watched many YouTube videos on it so I think I’ll be okay,” I pull out the conditioner, spoon, plastic gloves, and bowl I bought for it.

“Do you have some speakers?” Zoe asks. I point to my radio that has an Aux cord connected to it. She walks over and plugs her phone in it and turns on Wiz Khalifa. I grab my oversized black shirt and put it on over my tank top.

“Let’s do this,” I open my door and walk into my bathroom. I put the bottom half of my hair under the sink and wet it good. I then put my hair in a ponytail. I mix the hair dye and conditioner in the bowl and mix it good. “How does this look?” I walk back into the room and show Luna and Zoe.

“It looks nice so far,” Zoe gives me thumbs up. I walk back into the bathroom and remove half of my hair from the ponytail. I brush over the bottom half of it four times with the hair dye with my hands because the brush seemed complicated and unnecessary. I braid that side and pull down the other half. I do the same thing and braid it. I walk back into the room where Luna and Zoe are.

“I’m just gonna let it sit for like 30 minutes or so,” I tell them. I sit down on the air mattress with them.

“Okay so can we just have a boy talk for a second please?” Luna asks.

“Go for it,” Zoe shrugs.

“Okay so I’ve been texting Jonah for the past few days, right? And so we like each other, but like we’re not dating. And I don’t even know why. I mean like I wanna date him, but I kinda like where we are right now.”

“Don’t rush into it. Do it when you’re both ready.”

“Zoe’s right. I mean don’t rush something that’s not natural,” I chime in. I can’t even say anything because Michael’s my first boyfriend, but I guess its common sense. A relationship should be natural.

“So what about you and Michael?” Both Zoe and Luna look at me for this answer.

“What about us?”

“What about it? Like what happened when asked you out?” Do I really wanna tell them what happened? I mean it was at a personal time.

“Uh well… so we were hanging out and he asked me.”

“Just like that?” Zoe is on the edge of laughing.

“Well not exactly.”

“So what happened? We need details girl.”

“Well it was like midnight when it happened and I was spending the night at his house. He asked if I wanted to change clothes so I said yeah. He removed his shirt and gave it to me. Then he begged for me to change in the room with him so I said yes. I ended up just staying in my bra and underwear after he begged again and while we were standing in front of each other as he was holding me, he asked me out and I said yes,” I can feel my face heat up a little.

“Ooh cute!” Luna squeals. I shake my head a little.

“Did you guys-”

“No!” I stop Zoe before she even asked the question. “No, we just cuddled and slept, but nothing else happened aside from that.”

“Okay good, just checking,” she exhales a large amount of air. “Storm, are you a virgin?” Well that caught me off guard. I nod my head a little.

“Wait isn’t Michael your first boyfriend?” Luna jumps into the conversation. I nod my head again. “Awww that’s so adorable. At least you’re with someone who’s experienced.” My eyebrow lifts in confusion. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Did Michael not tell you guys?”

“Tell us what?” Luna now looks at me weird.

“He said he’s a virgin too.”

“What?” They both shout, causing me to flinch a little.

“He said that?” Zoe’s eyes light up a little.

“Yes?”

“Wow, who would’ve known?”

“Is that really that shocking?”

“Yes? I would’ve thought that he had done it with his last girlfriend.”

“He said that in his past relationships, the girls asked, but he just never wanted to do with them.”

“Did he say something about you?”

“He said he’d love for us to lose it to each other.”

“That’s so cute, I wish all guys were like that,” Zoe sighs.

“Wait, are you two virgins?”

“Of course,” Luna giggles. “I won’t just give in to just any guy. They better work for it.”

“I wish guys were interested in me,” Zoe sighs.

“Girl what do you mean? Half our grades are like in love with both of you,” Luna rolls her eyes.

“I would like to know who though,” Zoe turns the music down a little.

“Me too,” I stand up, “I’m gonna go wash this out now.” I walk back into the bathroom and turn on my sink.

I let the water warm up a little before sticking one braid under the water. The blue dye stains the running water as it runs through the sink and down the drain.  I take it out a braid and rinse it some more. I do the same to the other side. I lift my head up and look at my hair. It’s wet so I can’t tell for sure yet, but so far it looks nice. I take out my blow dryer and go over my hair a little. I do it enough to see the results. It’s really nice in my opinion. I walk back into the room to get their opinions, “How does it look?” They look up from their phones and their jaws drop.

“You look gorgeous!” Luna jumps up and examines it. “I’m in love with this color.”

“Thanks,” I smile before putting my hair up in a bun again. “I’m changing into my Nike Pros.”

“Me too!” Zoe and Luna jump up and grab their backpacks. Zoe pulls out light grey ones, I pull out my dark blue ones, and Luna pulls out hot pink ones.