chapter 8

Lauren Michelle Jauregui

after Normani left, Ally and i went after her. we followed her outside and saw her sitting on the bench outside of the building.

"Mani?" Ally asked, as we sat down next to her.

"what?"

she looked up at us with puffy eyes and our hearts broke. the girl we once knew was replaced by a vulnerable girl.

"i know this is bad to ask but are you okay?" i said, rubbing Normani's arms.

"no, i'm not okay. she judged me before she even got to know me. she doesn't think i'm worth it but i am. if i have to prove it then so be it."

"Mani, that girl is seriously not worth it. she doesn't deserve to claim herself as Dinah's best friend because of what she did," Ally replied, sitting next to Normani.

"Ally's right, you know? Camila isn't worth it. you don't have to prove yourself to her."

"i just hate being judged before someone gets to know me."

"Mani, don't prove anything to Camila," Dinah announces, as she comes into view. "like what Lauren and Ally were saying, she really isn't worth it. what you said to her tells me that you are worth it. you'd quit this job just for me and i can't ask that for you. i don't want you to quit when you clearly love this job."

"i'd give up anything for you. i know that we don't know too much about each other but i know that we have this bond. i can't just push that away. you didn't deserve to push down your feelings for Camila."

"i know.. that's why i'm telling her that we can't be friends anymore. i just want you and if i can't get her support then she's no longer my best friend."

"Dinah, no, don't do that."

"don't try to make me change my mind, i want you Normani. i really do and she's not going to get in the way. i'm not letting her."

i watched as they embraced with Normani crying once again. Dinah stroked her hair whispering something and kissed Normani's head. i smiled at the interaction and looked over at Ally, who just flashed me a sad smile.

"you okay?"

"it's nothing. i'd rather us not talk about this."

"if it's bothering you this much, i would rather us talk about it."

"Lo, please," Ally whined, hugging herself as she turned away from me.

if i didn't know Ally well, i wouldn't have known that she was crying. since i did know her like the back of her hand, i knew when she was crying, sad, mad, anything. i knew her and Normani so well.

"i can't just leave you when you're crying," i mumbled, as i saw Normani and Dinah leave after realizing that Ally and i need to talk.

"it doesn't matter anyway."

"it does matter to me, Ally. we're best friends. we tell each other everything. you can't just keep things to yourself."

"no, Lauren, you don't understand what is happening. you can't even see anything because you're too damn blind to see something."

"what's that supposed to mean?" i remarked, as she turned to face me with tears.

she opened her mouth but shut it quickly. she walked away but not before bumping shoulders. i didn't know what was happening but knowing Ally, she won't tell me until she's ready. i could ask Normani because she might know what's up with Ally. she did leave me with her.