chapter 5

Ally Brooke Hernandez

after Dinah's eyes opened , she looked beyond furious . it kinda scared me .

"what did you see ?" Camila asked .

"someone's about to hurt Normani soon and if we don't find them right now , all hell is going to break loose . no one and I mean NO ONE is going to touch my future wife ."

"where do I go ?" I asked , as my shaky hands gripped the wheel .

"they took her to the medical center . we need to get there fast ."

I nodded and put the car in drive . Normani , please be okay . I am not about to lose my best friend . i made sure there were no cars coming before pulling out into the road again . I put my lights on and sped down the road . there was no way I was about to wait while my best friend could be getting hurt .

before I could stop the car , Dinah was already out of the car , rushing into the medical center . I quickly put the car in park before we followed after her . when we entered , we lost sight of Dinah . we were lost in this medical center . then we heard a scream . we followed it and came upon a small room on the upper floor . Dinah was standing over Normani , who didn't look like she was breathing .

"is she dead ?" I asked softly .

"probably ." she said , crying .

"she isn't dead ." a voice said , making us turn around hastily .

"what do you want Alicia ?"

"what I did was wrong . I shouldn't have let my brother leave without his emergency kit but he was going to slow us down . so we let him die ."

"you're a monster . how could you let your brother die like that ? he had a medical condition and you knew how he would react to the chloroform ." Dinah hissed , cradling Normani's head against her chest .

"do I feel bad ? yes , because I killed my brother in hopes that my dad would reunite with my mom ."

"you killed your mom too ." Lauren spat .

"yes I killed the one that raised me . I appreciated it but I want my real mom to be with my dad ."

"that's not going to happen and you know that . your mom is already in love with someone else ." Dinah said , as she got up .

I went towards Normani and kept her close . we watched as Dinah neared the little girl .

"because of you , your dad is suffering a loss between his child and wife . who's to blame ? his own daughter ."

"they will get back together !"

"no , darling they won't . you wanted your mom to get caught . you also knew that your mom's involved with another man . someone that isn't your father so you wanted revenge . in hopes that you'd reunite a family . you made us think that it was your mom that did this but in reality it was you . what have my partners done to deserve this ? Normani sure as hell didn't deserve to get kidnapped and almost get killed . they have been there for you since you were young . why do this ?"

"I just want my family to be together again ."

"so you had people that worked for your mom to help you and you also helped your mom ? you're young Alicia . you have a whole life ahead of you and you're spending it like this ?"

"just tell my dad about what I did . I'm sure he'll love to hear about this ."

"we will but first you're going to tell me what you did to my future wife ." Dinah demanded .

"I knocked her out with some sleeping drug . she should be waking up pretty soon ."

as if on cue , Normani started to wake up . she brought a hand to her head and tried to sit up . Dinah was by her side in an instant with one knee against the floor and the other propped up in the air , bent . she held Normani up .

"what happened ?"

"Normani , you've been kidnapped and we're here to save you ."

"Dinah !" Normani screamed , as they embraced in a hug .

I smiled before we all got up . Dinah helped Normani up and took her to the car . I looked over at Alicia , who gave me a sad look . I pushed her lightly so she would start walking . I can't believe that a 13 year old girl would do this to a family that raised her . Bridgett didn't deserve this and neither did Brendan .

when we got to the station , we gave Alicia to the sergeant and he was pretty pissed when he found out what she did . we walked away so we didn't listen to his conversation . Lauren had Normani close as she laid her head on Lauren's shoulder . I took a seat next to Lauren and looked over at Dinah and Camila discussing things . I didn't really care because I was extremely tired . I rested my head on Lauren's other shoulder and shut my eyes . it's been a long day and I really hope that this was over . I'm not about to deal with more of this . I hope that Leslie and the love of her life reunite , I hope that Bridgett and Brendan rest in peace with God , I hope that the sergeant can move on and possibly move out of this state with or without Alicia . that girl has caused trouble and murdered her brother . she deserves to go to jail . she may be 13 but she committed a crime and you are imprisoned for however long they give you .

most of all , thank you God for not letting Normani die today . I'm not sure how I would've dealt with the pain . I'm not ready to lose my best friends yet . they mean the whole world to me especially Dinah and Camila . they are new but we have grown to become friends that's been together for years . I appreciate all the work you do for us . I hope you lead us to all to the people that commit the crimes . I pray that one day Normani will be with Dinah because you know that she's crushing on her . it's really obvious and I'm proud of her . I think she's finally found the one . I do hope that one day I'd be able to be with someone that I love . I wish that we didn't have rules on dating partners because then Dinah and Normani could be happy . I wish happiness upon all of my partners/friends . we all deserve it because we can die on this job . we can lose everything in a split second if a mission goes wrong .