8 | welcome back

January 19

Chuuya slowly opens his eyes. He looked to his left to see his hat placed on the desk next to him. He looked around the rest of the room. That's when he realized: this wasn't his room.

"Where the hell am I?!" Chuuya practically screams as he quickly rises from the bed. This causes him to receive a headache.

"Ouch." He said, placing a hand on his forehead.

"You shouldn't move so quickly after how much you drank." Comes a familiar voice.

Dazai was holding a tray of breakfast.

"Dazai?!? What the hell? Am I dreaming? This can't be reality! This has to be a horrible nightmare!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is real." Dazai says with a big grin reaching to his ears.

"This is the worst day." Chuuya says as a slowly lays back in bed.

"Anyhoo, I brought you breakfast!" Dazai says, showing Chuuya the tray.

"I'm not eating that crap."

"Crap? Wow Chuuya, that hurt."

"Why am I here?" Chuuya says.

Dazai places his index finger on his chin. "Hmm, well when I went to the bar last night, I found you sleeping in the staff room. I decided to relieve the bartender and take you to my apartment. Care to explain what happened to you?"

"I'm not telling you, bastard."

"What? Come on."

"Hell no. Why do I need to explain myself to you?"

"I brought you to my apartment and cared for you! The least you can do is tell me what happened!"

Chuuya didn't reply.

"Pleeeeaaassseee." Dazai says as he gets closer to Chuuya. He continuously pokes his face.

"Tch. Fine!" Chuuya says as he slaps Dazai's hand away from his face. "Awhile ago, I found a stray cat walking in the streets. Of course, I picked it up and raised it as my own. (Chuuya has a soft spot for cats.) A couple days ago, the cat died. Obviously, it really affected me so I went to the bar for a drink. I ended up drinking too much..."

Little did Dazai know, Chuuya named the cat Dazai. This was because at times the cat could be profoundly annoying, like Dazai. The cat reminded Chuuya of him which is why the death took a great toll on him.

"Oh dear. Well my great regards for the cat."

"Shut up. My cat doesn't need your stupid regards."

Dazai couldn't stop smiling (even with the tragic cat story) because he finally had Chuuya back.

"Oi, give me that tray." Chuuya said to Dazai.

"Of course, buddy." Dazai said as he gave Chuuya the breakfast tray.