34 | rescued

"Dazai!" Kunikida screamed as he rushed to the scene. "You dumbass what are you doing on the floor." He said in disgust while looking at Chuuya and Dazai laying on top of each other rather comfortably.

"What the hell." Akutagawa remarked while also looking at them together.

Turns out the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia formed an unlikely alliance! Due to the common enemy, they decided to ally with each other similarly to when they had to deal with the Guild.

"Kenji, Yosano, Tanizaki, check the area to see if Fyodor and his lackeys are around." Kunikida said sternly. "Brat, you stay here and don't do anything stupid." "Yes..." Atsushi replied.

Akutagawa gave one last look at both Chuuya and Dazai together before he began to look around the area with Higuchi and Tachihara.

Both organizations were able to locate Fyodor's hideout due to the intel and evidence they gathered from Fyodor's frequent attempts of targeting Dazai and Chuuya. They were able to use the bullet back when Dazai got sniped to locate the owner of the rifle. Coincidentally Dazai and Chuuya were also currently present. The mission had unexpectedly became a rescue mission!

Both organizations were able to look around the hideout and found no one around. "Strange..." Ranpo accidentally said aloud.

Suddenly, a shadow emerged from one of the corners. Fyodor boldly made his presence known to both organizations. Both the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia raised their weapons immediately. How was he not found?

Fyodor looked over to Chuuya and Dazai disappointed with his failure to use Chuuya's ability as an asset. He looked back to both groups and smiled as he pulled something from his sleeve.

Ranpo's eyes widened and both he and Kunikida simultaneously screamed, "Bomb!" Akutagawa immediately grabbed both Chuuya and Dazai with Rashomon and ran out of the hideout along with everyone else.

The hideout shook and was enveloped in smoke. Perhaps Fyodor escaped with Ivan's ability because he disappeared during the explosion.

The original purpose of the mission was a failure, but at least they rescued Chuuya and Dazai! Well, at least that's what should've been the positive outcome.....

Kunikida ended up giving Dazai a mouthful due to Dazai not immediately alerting the Agency about the location of the hideout. His endless yelling really made Dazai consider actual death right then and there. Kunikida's screaming was the first thing he awoke to.

Once Kunikida was done with his screaming, Dazai sheepishly asked while looking at his hands, "Chuuya's condition?"

Kunikida, somewhat shocked by Dazai's shy attitude, replied with, "Still unconscious."

"Ah. Alright." Dazai looked up toward him. "Thanks for rescuing me Kunikida! You're such a man!" Dazai nonchalantly told him, attempting to disguise his feelings.

Kunikida looked at him, stood up, and walked toward the door of the hospital room. With his back toward Dazai, Kunikida told him, "He's in this hospital, fifth floor." Kunikida left without waiting for his reply.

Dazai smiled. "Thank you, Kunikida." He said softly after Kunikida left.

——

a/n:
i have returned :D i'm so bad w updates LMAODJDDB
anyways i hope you liked this ch <333 going to update the next ch in a few days