Twenty Nine

CALEB

My girl was throwing up again, her tiny body by the toilet. I was glad she had me to help her with the problem she was going through. Fuck, it was excessive. She had very bad nausea and needed something to cool her down as soon as possible. Grace came in when I needed her help. "Caleb we should take her to the hospital." I stood and brushed my hair out of frustration. This I couldn't stand anymore. Eve had been sick most of the day. Earlier today, she threw up a lot. Now she was throwing up again constantly. My poor girl.

"I'll take her to the clinic," I said. I knelt beside my love again and pulled her hair back. "Don't worry Grace. I got her." She didn't have to go through this.

"Make sure you bring a blanket with you. They might keep her for the night." In that case, Grace drove us to the hospital while I was in the backseat, holding onto Eve. We had a bowl just in case she threw up again. The baby was not doing well at all and I was scared.

~~~

It turned out she had severe morning sickness. She had a problem holding onto the food so to make sure she and the baby were fine, they had to keep her on fluids for the night. I was happy I was there with her. She was my girl and I would never let her stay there on her own. Eve smiled weakly. "Caleb," she said dryly. "I don't know if I can survive this. This is weighing me down."

"You'll be fine, love."

"I hope so. So what are we going to do about my half-sister?" This could change everything for us. My mother finding out that Dad was sleeping with another could help us. But where should we start? After all, everything was just a mess at the moment. I didn't know what to do.

"Should we spy and record?" I asked her. It would be good for evidence. First, we had to spy on his whereabouts.

"I think that's a fantastic idea." My love pulled up the sheet over her body, for comfort. Her body had a little one growing inside it so I guessed that was a burden for her. Evelyn rubbed her tired eyes and yawned. "You should log in on his computer again. Try to find out their next move." My father thought emails were the safest thing for him. So that was what we needed to spy on him. Angela could help us too.

"I'll figure something out."

"You always do," she said. I reached out for her hand and gently rubbed it. We both knew that this was going to cause a lot of problems for my parents. My father sleeping with the sister Eve had no idea about was the weirdest thing ever. I thought it was the universe's idea of telling us that we had a shot at this.

A nurse came inside the room to check up on her. While she did her thing, I thought about spying on my father with Eve when she was out of there. This could help us a lot and I wanted to do that for us.