Twenty

Evelyn

Calm Christmas-like music by Eartha Kitt filled the building:

"Santa baby, Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree, for me been an awful good girl, Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight. Santa baby, a 54 convertible too, Light blue. I'll wait up for you dear, Santa baby. So hurry down the chimney tonight."

My stomach churned as I tried to find a place to hide. Caleb was walking quickly behind me with no worries. He had a good-looking smile on his face, his hands in the pocket of his jeans. I ran up a full set of stairs, my breathing getting heavier by the second. I heard him behind me and that made me scream. "Eve, can you stop running?"

"Stop it," I said breathlessly. Caleb caught up with me, his arms hugging me while I kicked. He kissed the top of my head and carried me to a bedroom that was to the end.

"We need to talk." He locked the door and dumped me on the bed. I held onto his blue turtleneck sweater which made his blue eyes appear bluer. I loved the way it looked on him.

"Caleb, where is your girlfriend?"

"Let us talk, Eve. We need to. I want to know what is going to happen to us when we are done with high school." That I didn't know about. He had his dreams and I had mine. For me, I wanted to go back home when I was done accomplishing something in photography. I never told him so since I didn't know what we wanted.

"Caleb I think you should let your mom know she shouldn't rule your life anymore. You should do so before I start something serious with you. Wherever you go, I go."

He chuckled. "I will try to do something. It will be difficult."

"Yeah." I played with his long fingers while I had my eyes hooked on his face. Caleb with a nice glow on his face licked his lips and smiled. Those eyes were glossy and were welcoming. I wanted to lose myself within them.

His voice cracked. "Eve, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked. I knew damn well what he was thinking. "Eve?"

I breathed unevenly. "Caleb!"

~~~

The hyperactive kids were dancing away when I got out of the bedroom after Caleb. I moved my hand through my hair and smiled while I took in the craziness. It vanished when I saw the people who hated me. Olivia's eyes harshly landed on me. She whispered something in Amber's ear and they both started laughing. They made a mockery of me and I didn't like that.

Olivia lifted her skirt to show me her ass while Amber did the same. Their friends burst out laughing as if this was nice behavior. I left that spot I was in and made it by an almost empty fireplace. There was Jami, Caleb's girlfriend and she was sitting down on a couch, her best friend beside her.

My focus was now on Caleb who came inside the room with two bottles of coke. He handed one to his girlfriend, kissed her lips, and walked past me without acknowledging me. I laughed on the inside at his innocent behavior. Pretending that nothing happened between us in the bedroom was something worth doing.

Jami turned her head and acknowledged my presence. We had a class together and she was a smart girl who got very good grades. She was not bad, just a kind person. Caleb had told me in the bedroom after our wild sex that she was very materialistic. Yeah, she was materialistic and vain.

"Evelyn Smith. The most talked-about chick at school when she was dating Caleb, our quarterback. Welcome."

"Yup, that's me." I hugged myself. This felt uncomfortable. Talking to the girlfriend of the boy I was fucking a while ago made me feel bad. I felt sorry for her. Her man's dick was inside my wet vag. The same dick she was going to please tonight. I smiled, wholeheartedly.