Unlocking the Draco Virtutem

"Ahh!" I screamed as I shot up from my laying position, panting heavily. After the anxiety came and went, I looked around to see myself at home, in my bed. I frowned; how did I get here? I could've swore I was in the cave, with talking dragons and that same voice that was in my head shortly after me coming here. Was it all a dream?

"No, it wasn't." A voice spoke, and I yelped in surprise, falling off the bed in the process. I groaned in pain, and heard the voice snicker at my misfortune. "Clumsy, aren't you?"

I got up and saw a boy with messy brownish red hair and eyes the exact same as mine, leaning against the doorway. He wore a scarlet, v-neck shirt with black, watercolor lines criss-crossing each other, along with black jeans. He wore a black jacket with a light gray underside over his shirt, red gloves, a black and red choker necklace, and black ninja sandals. He had twin katanas strapped to his back, ready for action. He seemed about two or three years older than me, and he had this strange look that made all my hairs stand on end and my face super hot. Suddenly, he chuckled. "I'm two years older than you, and nearly every girl feels that way around me, so don't be surprised."

I blushed, and scowled. "You sure like to invade people's thoughts, which by the way, are private. Who are you, anyway?"

He pushed himself off the doorway and strolled to where I was at. Gazing down at me, he gave a careless shrug. "It's simply one of the many abilities that I have. Why not use it, when such an amazing gift has been given to me?"

I rolled my eyes and got up from the floor. "More like a pain in the ass, in my opinion..."

"Well, your opinion doesn't really matter, so..." The boy smirked, and I turned to glare at him. "Again: who are you? What are you doing in my house?"

The boy looked at the ceiling with a thoughtful look. Probably trying to think of a reasonable lie, no doubt. He gave me a flat look, indicating that he heard my thoughts. I stuck out my tongue in return. He then finally answered my question. "My name is Hatsugo, and I was stuck in your subconscious since the day you were born. Yesterday, I was finally let out, thanks to you. What, you don't remember our little conversations, princess?"

I stared at him like he was an alien from Mars, and that's when it clicked. I pointed accusingly at him, and yelled, "You're the voice that was in my head!"

Hatsugo smirked. "Took you a while, didn't it princess?"

"Stop calling me that, geez! Wait -- so that means my dream wasn't a dream? It was all real? Talking dragons? You talking to me? That surge of power?"

He nodded. I gaped, and plopped down on my bed. My chest was starting to feel tight, so I started searching in my backpack for my inhaler. When I couldn't find it, I cursed and scrambled the room. "Damn it! Where *gasp* is it?"

"Looking for this?" Hatsugo asked, and I turned to see my inhaler in his hands. I snatched it away and took a breath, feeling the compressed air pushing my airways open. I blinked and let out a sigh. "Sorry for that. It's just... a lot to sink in."

Hatsugo merely shrugged. Then, I felt something burning my ankles, wrists and my forehead. With a surprised hiss, I saw dragon tribal tattoos on my wrists and ankles, and I ran to a mirror to see a tribal dragon tattoo wrapped around my forehead under my bangs. I squeaked out, "What. Are. These?"

"Your marks of the Draconem Bellatorumor the Dragon Warriors. It's an ancient tribal society where dragons are our other halves. Many people think they became extinct during the First Ninja World War, but they're just in hiding. I am one of them, just as you." Hatsugo answered, and revealed his tattoos. I sat on the bed again, biting my top lip. If I'm a Dragon Warrior, then that must mean...