#7 "Hi" <Mikey Way x Reader>

My friend was trying to set me up, AGAIN.

Frank is a cool guy, but ever since I had officially gotten over my first boyfriend who had been with me for three years, he's been setting me up with people. He's already made me meet with three people in the past month.

All three were great, just not my type. Their numbers were all still on my phone for random chats strictly as friends.

This time, he was setting me up with one of his band mates. Honestly, I love Frank, but this is starting to get tiring.

Now, you may be asking, why are you still letting him matchmake?

Well, just because I don't want him setting me up with someone almost every single fucking day, doesn't mean I don't want to find someone. Christmas is getting closer, and it'll be my first in a while without my boyfriend.

Yes, that sounds very dumb, but I'm a dumb person alright?

Anyways, if this doesn't work out, then I can spend Christmas with my friends. It would just be great if I could bring a date with me.

Frank told me that the guy, Mikey, liked a lot of the stuff I liked, but that's what he said about the last three people. I had also seen the guy before at concerts, and he looked really nice to be honest; It's just that my faith in Frank's skills were slowly fading.

But, I still was walking into a coffee shop wearing my favorite smashing pumpkins tee, a (favorite color) jacket, skinny jeans, and my combat boots at 4:00pm sharp to meet Mikey.

I looked around, and found him sitting at a table near the front of the shop, probably for visibility reasons.

He wore a grey beanie, glasses, and an awesome Anthrax shirt. He was sitting in a way that restricted him from seeing me unless he happened to look directly at me. Two coffees sat on the table, so I figured getting my own before sitting down was not a smart thing to do.

I approached him slowly, trying to figure out how to introduce myself.

"Hi." I greeted.

That's what you come up with, Y/N?

He looked up at me, his expression becoming friendly and kind of cute.

"Oh, hi. You're Y/N, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Mikey?" I questioned for confirmation that I wasn't making a stupid mistake. He nodded, so I decided to take a seat.

Mikey handed me my drink, and I took it gratefully. Like I mentioned before, it was around Christmas time, so warm drinks were awesome.

I took a sip, and immediately smiled.

It was my favorite hot drink.

"How did yo-"

"Frank told me. He said it would impress you."

I chuckled.

"He also told me not to tell you that, but I don't think he'll mind." Mikey said. I chuckled for the second time in the past five minutes.

"Thanks for buying it for me." I replied, realizing that he had actually paid for shit for me.

"No problem."

Awkward silence filled the air for a bit. Then, Mikey's eyes fell to my shirt.

"You like Smashing Pumpkins?" He asked.

"Hell yeah. I also like Anthrax," I replied, gesturing to his Anthrax shirt. Little did I know, Mikey's thought at my reply was, Damn.

"That's awesome." He smiled, and I slowly melted.

"What other bands do you like?" A curious expression formed on his face.

"Well, I like Misfits, and I started getting into Fall Out Boy about a year or so ago." I explained.

"I also um... really like you guys."

It was the truth. Frank had told me a while back about My Chemical Romance, and I got really into their music.

"Thanks."

"No, thank you. You guys are awesome." I insisted. Mikey smiled again.

Shit he's cute.

We talked for hours about what we enjoyed. Turns out he like A LOT of the things I liked. Of course, he didn't like everything, but that was expected to happen with human beings comparing interests.

We were smiling and laughing for a long time, but eventually, we had to go our separate ways.

"I'd love to do this again sometime." I said as we walked out into the cold.

"Yeah, I enjoyed it." He said.

Suddenly, I realized how dark it was out. There was no way I could walk home.

Mikey noticed my nervous expression.

"Do you need a ride home?" He asked.

"Um... yeah. It would be nice." I replied awkwardly.

"I just don't want to be too much trouble." I said.

"Don't worry about it, you've been anything but trouble so far." Mikey spoke nervously.

We walked side by side down the road, and I don't remember when it happened, but we found ourselves holding hands. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

During the car ride, we talked and laughed even more. Once we had completely missed a turn because we were having that much fun.

But eventually, our ride came to an end, and Mikey was escorting me to the front door of my house.

"Mikey, I really really enjoyed tonight." My voice sounded nervous,

"Yeah, me too." He replied, just as nervous.

I didn't really know what to say, and by the looks of it, Mikey didn't either, so I did probably the boldest thing I've ever done.

Gently, I connected our lips. He was shocked at first, but he thankfully kissed me back.

We both stayed there for a moment, never wanting to let go of each other. When we finally broke apart, we immediately exchanged numbers.

Right before Mikey turned to leave, I gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Merry Christmas Mikey."

"Merry Christmas Y/N."

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS (OR WHATEVER HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE) I've got to go to bed, so gn!!!

- Sonic Serenade