ii

A cold hand clamped down on my arm, shaking me roughly, "Dude, wake up." A voice I recognised as Amelia screamed.

I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. "Putangina, Meredith. Hinaan mo nga boses mo." Devon yelled from the floor in what sounded like Italian, but it isn't because I speak Italian. I looked at Amelia, asking her what she said. Whatever it is, it sounded negative. "Wait what, Amelia, what are you doing here? And when did I had Polaroid films taped on my ceiling?" Devon added groggily, rolling on the floor.

"Go back to sleep, my child. I'm not Amelia, I'm your fairy godmother. You will be going to a ball tonight and you need all the energy you can gather." Amelia's voice softened. I covered my mouth with my hand. Devon scowled at her and shot up without using her hands.

"Shut the fuck up Amelia." I let out a laugh, while Amelia giggled.

I left them there and went to the bathroom to take a bath. I removed my clothes and stepped inside the shower in the corner. I lathered my hair in conditioner and soaped my body. I rinsed it all off and stepped out. I dried my body and dried my hair in a separate towel. I secured my towel around my body, and grabbed the hair dryer underneath the sink. I blow dried my hair but left it slightly damp. If I dried it fully, it'll become a big ball of frizzy hair. I applied heat protection on my hair and went to my walk in closet, reaching for my uniform. Two uniforms that are two sizes shorter than mine are hanged beside my uniforms. I grabbed one of it, looking at name plate. It was Amelia's. I slipped on my undergarments and my uniform, leaving two buttons on the top undone. I held my vest, necktie and socks on my hand. I went to the other door that leads directly to my bedroom. Amelia and Devon was seating on the carpet, texting on their phones.

"Either of you can use the bathroom. Though you can use it at the same time, one of you will either use the bathtub." I opened the door, and was instantly hit by the smell of something unknown and eggs. I ran down the stairs, making my way to the kitchen. Hay and James are sitting on the bar stool, though Hay was more on spinning. Sumeya was on the stove. The three of them are in their uniforms. I joined them, sitting on one of the bar stools.

"What was that in your fridge? There was something growing on it!" Sumeya screeched when she saw me.

"Oh that? Sprouts, it doesn't taste disgusting as it looks. Tastes quite bland actually."

Devon showed up. "Yeah, it's common back in the Philippines. We eat it with everything." At their disgusted face, she added. "Okay, not really. We make Lumpiang Togue. It's sprouts mixed with sorts of vegetables and tofu. We wrap it in thin flour paper. It's fit for you Sage."

"Really? Sounds good. Anyways, what is that Frasier?"

"Bacon and eggs." I grimaced.

"Where did you get that?"

"We made a run to a convenience store." James explained.

"Well then. I'll just eat a pop tart and cereals." I stood up and went to the fridge, getting the milk. I moved to the right and reached for the cupboard where the bowls are stored. I set the milk and bowl on the counter and went to the pantry to get the Lucky Charms and pop tart. I went out, shutting the door behind my back. I started making my way back to the counter but halted when I saw what Haägen was holding.

"Where did you get that? Eh, don't answer that." I went back to the counter. I mashed the pop tarts on the bowl, poured milk and cereals. I glanced at Hay to see him inspecting all of the pepper spray.

"Where did you get this? This is greatly artistic." Hay raised a blue pepper spray with a corn hanging from it. I scooped up a spoon, chewing on it slowly.