Chapter 2

3rd person P.O.V

The bell rings indicating the end of school, Eren jumps out of his seat rushing to the door stopping when Armin decided to grab a chat with the math teacher over the homework or something. I mouth 'basketball' to him and he nods slightly with a wave of his hand dismissing him to go on ahead, and so he does, running through the hallways his backpack and duffle bag smacking against his shoulders as he ran.

Once making it to the gym, a new sight hits him. High Schoolers are practicing on half the side of the gym. The coach of Eren's basketball team meets Eren at the door explaining the new arrangements. "The J.R.O.T.C. club from the high school are going to be practicing here due to the soccer meeting for both middle school and high school teams happening in their  gym. They are going to be practicing inside and out but I better not see any slacking because of this. That's all, so go get changed."

Eren does as he's instructed going to the boy's locker room, going into the one for the visitors to get some privacy as he changed not wanting to go into the small stalls to do so seeing as he got claustrophobic from the small space.

He gets out in a few minutes after changing into some black spandex, and a baggy dark green shirt that went down to cover about half his bottom. When Eren came out he avoided eye contact with all of the older kids, fiddling with the ends of his shirt. He sat down next to some of his teammates who were almost as nervous as he was about the other kids being in here, unlike games where it was just friends and parents that watched and cheered it was kids who were put through various obstacles and military training.
It was nerve wrecking, that is, until he saw Armin sitting on the bleachers with a clipboard, stopwatch and pencil.

Even though Armin was never to good at playing, he was definitely good at tracking movement and angles for how to shoot the ball. He was the brains of Eren's playing giving ways to improve the technique he used in games and fun.

Once everyone had finished changing the basketball coach, also known as coach Pixis, started off with his regular "Do your best" speech, followed by stretching. Throughout the stretching Eren keeps sneaking glances at the high schoolers. They were kept running, their coach yelling at the stragglers, it seemed to harsh in Eren's eyes. One of the stragglers was a short raven haired male, he especially caught Erens interest.

He was breathing harshly as he ran, trying to keep pace with the others who were farther ahead. After the basketball team's warm up was done, they started practice. They were split into two different teams as they got ready for a game of half-court. The coach had paired the weakest of the team together and the strongest together. He placed the team with the strongest, more advanced players on defence and the weakest on offense. He did this so they could polish their skills against powerful opponents.

Eren was placed on defence. He really liked defence, his height playing a big role in why he was so good at it. Though he was thrown off his game as he kept his eyes on the ebony haired male. Their eyes sometimes meeting, the other would always be the first to look away in embarrassment of being caught staring.

This caused Eren to lose focus in the game half the time, missing his queues. Eren silently cursed himself for being so hypnotized by the shorter yet older male.

When the high schoolers were given breaks, they all had their eyes on the basketball team watching their well coordinated footing and movements. One had his eyes on someone in particular. A single brunette caught his attention when he had caught the other staring at him during the game.

The way the boy leaped from the ground, hair swishing in the fast movement tantalized the elder, he was disgusted with his thoughts but decided to let them absorb him in the moment. The brunette had switched his gaze back to the older male with his turquoise eyes, making the other's heart flutter slightly, not taking his gaze away this time.

Eren then smiled to the raven haired male after realizing he wasn't going to break the stare so Eren had to do it, in a flash to. He broke it as he snapped his head towards a mocha colored kid with hair as really short to his scalp, dribbling the ball towards the net, Eren intercepting his path putting his hand up to block any shot the smaller kid might throw. The kid tried to dart around the brunette, but was still blocked from his fast and timed movements.

The mocha colored kid was forced to shoot, throwing the ball, the tip of the brunettes fingers grazed the ball as he jumped up causing the ball to lose its course of direction making it hit the backboard with force, Eren turned around swiftly, the ball coming back after hitting the backboard hitting Eren square in the face, causing him to let out a small yelp holding his half his face where the ball had hit.

"Sorry Eren!" Eren gave a small smile to the shorter kid. "It's no problem Connie, don't worry about it" The mocha colored kid, also known as Connie, nodded slightly as Eren removed his hand still smiling like a goofball laughing slightly. This made the ebony haired male eyes widen slightly as he stared at the adolescents smile his laugh echoing off the gym walls.

Eren's coach was out on the court looking at the side of Eren's face, diagnosing nothing more than a bruise that was forming on his cheek.