I grinned in pride waving to the little blonde girl, "You know Fleck, I wouldn't be half bad."

J A Y

I looked up at the sign that hung above the metal door, two fist clashing together.
I gulped, this was such a bad idea. He didn't want to be around me and yet here I was, practically stalking him. No, I was here with a purpose.

I took a step forward before I turned around,
Nope I can't do it—come on Jay!

My hand gripped the door handle and I pulled it open—who knew sweat could be such a strong smell?

I walked by the empty counter and opened the door to reveal a room full of men and women training, who looked terrifying. There were at least four boxing rings down the centre of the room, one side was weights and the other was different punching bags.

A man walked up to me, his grey hair and fierce eyes caught my attention first, "Yer lost miss?"

"Um, no." I looked around the gym for a moment before bringing my attention to back him, "I'm looking for someone."

"This someone get eh name?" He crossed his arms and I stood up straighter, feeling completely and utterly intimidated.

"Soren McKinin?" His expression didn't change as he looked me up and down, "Er, black hair, blue eyes, tall, well built, got a good jaw?"

He raised and eyebrow at me before he turned around and pointed to the big man throwing a girl with hair like the sun into the air. My mouth dropped and he cuddled her before throwing her into the air, "SOREN!"

He caught her before he turned to the beck of the the man, his face was deadpan as his eyes met mine.

"Stick to the plan." I whispered to myself as I walked up to him. Soren put the girl on the ground and told her to go play. She sat on his shoe and undid his shoelaces, I looked at her before my eyes found Soren's cold ones.

"Hey." I smiled and shuffled my feet awkwardly when he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me, "Okay, first off I didn't stalk you. I asked Colin, which doesn't count..."

He sighed and looked past me in boredom before looking back into my eyes, "Um, I know you don't want to see me anymore but," I handed him the money from the days we spent together.

"Why?" He asked in surprise, taking it out of my hand slowly.

"I wanted you to know I didn't do it for the money. Sure, it helped me a lot but I can't fall asleep knowing you only thought I hung out with you because of that." I licked my lips nervously and put my hands together, waiting for him to say something.

He mumbled a soft 'thanks' and stuffed the money in his pocket. I forced my eyes to stay forced on his face not his shirtless chest.

"Is that all?" He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"Oh well," I laughed awkwardly, "I just thought you'd have one of those moments where you came to a realization and we could be friends again."

His blank expression made me feel disconnected from the conversation even though I was directing it, he said emotionlessly, "I guess not."

I nodded and turned away, I hadn't taken one step before Soren's body came crashing down on mine. My cheek smashed into the ground as Soren's heavy frame knocked the wind out of me.

"Shit. You alright?" He cursed pulling himself up so he didn't squash me further, I turned over on my back and stared at his blues eyes.

"Considering a 6 foot man, weighing twice my size just squashed me into tiles, I'm peachy."  I groaned, grabbing my temple. I closed my eyes from the headache that was already forming, I was completely knocked off guard, nothing braced me for the fall.

My eyes snapped open when Soren ran his thumb along my cheek, his eyes still dull, "That going to be one heck of a bruise."

The little girl's cries could be heard through gym as Fleck spanked her, she'd tied Soren's shoelaces together...Which meant he'd taken a step after me.

Soren's eyes flicked between mine as his mind raced, I placed a hand on his cheek and smiled, pushing his face to one side playfully. He faded in and out of my version making me feel sick.

I watched unmoving, frozen to the core as Soren lowered his face down to my level, his lips kissed my bruised cheek gently.

"Better?"

I closed my eyes, "I'd love to say yes but I think..." I moaned from the pain, "Soren, I think I have a..."

"Fleck!" Soren's cries echoed my head, bouncing off my temple painfully, "Her eyes have gone foggy."

-

Guys I can't believe it. We've reached 24.9k views with 3k votes! How amazing is that! It might be small to some I totally honoured. I hope one day more people will get to enjoy this book ❤️