How To Get Away With Murder.

He couldn't be dreaming. He knew that scent anywhere. It was her. She was here. She had to be. Nothing else in the world had the same aroma as her. There could be nothing in the world that made him feel so excited, to thankful, or so relieved.

Wolf barreled down the halls of the palace. Dodging bullets as they flew out of their guns. None of them even grazed his skin. He was going to make it to where he needed to be. And no one was going to stop him.

Down so many halls he fled. Before he left his position, he'd told Cress to find Erland and Thorne in the Medical Center, so she would be safe with them. His distraction was enough to draw the attention of just about every guard that was on duty. That should be enough for Cinder and Cress to go unnoticed.

Two guards blocked his path and fired at him. He easily dodged their bullets and rammed both of them into a wall while they were desperately trying to reload their weapons from all of their misses. One they were unconscious on the floor, all that stood in his way was a door. He pressed down on the entrance pad and it opened with no resistance. Inside, he saw a girl ... who wasn't Scarlet.

Though, in her hands, she was holding a red hoodie, bloody and tattered. He stormed into the room and grabbed the hoodie away from the girl. Looking closer at it, he could definitely recognize it. The hoodie's scent was unmistakable. It had to belong to Scarlet.

He eyed with girl with a deadly stare, which she shrunk back behind. "Where did you get this?" his voice barely under a yell, a growl layed into it. The girl froze up, her teeth chattering. But one way or another, Wolf was going to find out how she got Scarlet's hoodie.

................

With great fixation, Scarlet watched as Wolf stormed into the room and swiped her hoodie from Winter, who had offered to ask for it to be cleaned. She thought it would keep Scarlet warm, and not wanting to upset the princess, she let her take it.

Now, Wolf's knuckles were turning white from gripping her hoodie so tightly. The gleam in his eyes was murderous, and he was ready to tear poor Winter to shreds.

It was so ... so him.

"Wolf," she wheezed, suddenly unable to breathe. His eyes immediately flickered to her direction. The moment he saw her, his grip on her hoodie released, letting it fall to the floor. He became just as breathless as she was.

She grabbed the bars of the cage, threading her fingers through the holes. He dashed to her, kneeling in front of the cage and pressing his palms over her fingers. His heat flooded into her, threatening to sooth her to sleep.

Even in this happy moment, Wolf seemed distressed. She followed his gaze, and saw he was eyeing her hand. The one that was missing a pinkie. Slowly, most of the joy he'd been harboring drained away. Taking in a deep breath, he said, "Stand back."

While she couldn't stand, she knew what he meant. Scar leaned away from the cage door, and watched with amazement as Wolf ripped the door from its hinges. He cast it to the side of the room like it was nothing. Once he was done, Scarlet scurried out of the cage and attacked Wolf with a bear hug.

To both of their surprise, the force was just enough to knock him over and fall onto the bed behind them. It had been given to Winter - since this was her guest room - but Scarlet figured she wouldn't mind.

His eyes were sick with lack of sleep, his skin a bit more pale than his olive shade. "Scarlet," he sighed, whimsically.

All she could manage was a grin before saying, "Did you really doubt I would be fine?"