The Worst of Us All

"Sir!" one of the staff yelled. "We found some footage, of the android that the princess owned. It shows her in the plague containment facility."

This made Torin sigh. He'd already seen that footage, which included the princess with the android visiting a patient and then leaving. "I've already seen this. It has no value to the investigation."

"No, Sir. It does." Torin was about to slap the man trying to get him to watch the video feet. Before he added, "The android went back after the two of them left. It shows the android .... Well, you might have to just see for yourself."

Torin took the port from him and started the feed. At first, it just showed a young girl and the android going to sit at her bedside. But Torin remembered the girl. She was the one who contracted Letimosis on the day Kaito and Selene first when to the market place. The previous owner of the android's chip.

What Torin saw became horrifying and almost to cold, even for a robot to do. He saw the girls life extinguish, and the android begin to go crazy. No one was there to stop it from doing what it did next.

When another android came to take the girl's ID chip, just like it was programmed to do, the android tried to stop it. After the chip was successfully removed, the princess's android stole it from the other, and disabled the poor little robot.

"The android stole the girl's chip, which could mean it was having a malfunction or experiencing a programming error."

"Why show me this?" Torin questioned. "What value does it have to the investigation?"

At that, the staff member grinned. "It means that if the android stole that chip, it might still have it on it. So ..."

"Wherever the chip is, it's probably with the android," Torin finished. "So if the chip is traced, we can find the android."

"And probably the princess and her kidnapper as well," the other man smiled.

For the first time in the past three days, something was finally turning for the better. They had a solid lead, and the princess could be found. Kaito could be happy again.

All of the sudden, a woman burst into the office with red cheeks and messy hair. Torin was about to reprimand her when she all but screamed. "Sir, it's the prince! He's lost it!"

..................

When the Rampion landed in an open field close to the house of the Benoit family, Cinder thought they might have been too later.

Until she saw a girl with fiery hair and a pistol crazily shooting at a man-beast hybrid with a limp that was chasing her.

Another hybrid came lumbering after the two, but with blood streaming down his arm. Though the girl didn't seem to be keeping much attention on him.

Carswell ran back onto the ship, and came back a minute later with three pistols. "Can you two shoot?"

"I'm a pacifist," Iko protested.

"Not today you're not." Carswell shoved the gun into her hands and asked, "Any ideas on what the hell those things are?"

"They're lunar soldiers," Cinder stated. "Levana created them for an army. One I thought was still on Luna."

"I guess not anymore," he drawled. "Still, do you know how to use a gun?"

"Don't need to." Cinder left Thorne with the last two pistols and sprinted to help the girl fighting for her life. She was trying to fend off the beast attacking her, but cast her pistol aside, like she was out of bullets.