She goes to Earth

"No!" shouted Kai. "Why does she have to come here?!"

"Queen Levana has requested you have an audience with Princess Selene in person. She wants you to show her Earth and get to know her," Torin scowled at the Prince's childishness. He knew he dreaded the thought of the princess coming. Mainly because Levana had been trying to form a marriage alliance between Luna and Earth since Selene had turned eight.

Kai was now on the edge of his bed. Head in his hands and mumbling to himself. "She's going to try and use her glamour on me. She's going to try to make me want her."

"Only if you let her, Your Highness." Kai looked up at Torin with confusion written all over his face. "I am told that the Princess does not have full control over her bio-electric manipulation yet. You may be able to resist her if she attempts to control you."

"That's fantastic!" He jumped from the mattress to his feet. Relief washed over his face, which was then followed by, "Wait. Levana could also try to glamour me," he practically whined. "I'm going to be emperor in a little less than two weeks. Can we postpone the trip until after that?"

"Sadly not, Your Majesty."

Kai was more upset than he thought humanly possible. His father die no more than three days ago and Levana was already trying to marry him off. "Well, I guess there's no getting around it then." He felt defeated. He knew sooner or later, something would jam him into a situation where the only way out would be to marry Selene. "Start arranging for their arrival."

.................

"Why aren't you happy about this, Selene?" Levana squawked.

"Because it's wrong," Selene was brushing out her hair as she half listened to Levana rant on and on about her plans. "It's wrong to make people feel that way about you. Also, the poor prince's father just died!"

"That was days ago. I'm sure he's over it," she waved her hand around to dismiss the objection. "Besides, you're going to do it anyway. You know what will happen to your, 'beloved cousin', if you refuse."

Yes, that. Levana made a deal with Selene yesterday. Actually, it was more like blackmail. Levana's plan was to go to Earth and make the prince fall in love with Selene. This would lead to Selene becoming a puppet for Levana to control the Eastern Commonwealth. If Selene denied participation, Levana would kill Winter, her step-daughter, and Winter's guard, to punish Selene. "Yes, Aunt Levana."

Her aunt exited the room to prepare for their trip to the planet. Selene did not want to meet the prince. She didn't want to glamour the innocent man into loving her. But to save her cousin, she would do anything. To save the man her cousin cared for deeply, she would go to great length. For they were the only people in the entire universe that truly cared for her. The "Freak" Princess.

In an "accident", Selene lost a hand, a foot, and managed to severely damage most of her body. She survived, but in the process, became a cyborg. A despised, loathed, repulsive cyborg. All Lunars thought of them as disgusting creatures that had no right to live among them. Selene had to glamour herself around the courts to please her aunt. The aunt she knew was the cause for these deformities.

Selene was already packed to leave before Levana came in with the announcement that they were to go to Earth in an hour. She had been packed since the death of Emperor Rikan. She did not approve of the idea of becoming empress. Selene was already losing her freedom to Luna anyway. Why did she have to lose it to two kingdoms now?

But still, she knew that she had to go through with it. Either that or all of Luna would suffer for her defiance. Especially Jacin and Winter. And if she went to Earth and became empress, Earth and Prince Kaito would pay dearly. Selene new it was a lose-lose situation, and found herself regretting allowing her aunt to stay on the throne for an extra five years, again. There was no point in looking back now though. She must try to ..... That's it!