A Necessary Bond

The detectives were smart, smarter than most in the entire country. But not smart enough to figure out what was going on.

Dr. Erland had to credit them though. They did manage to start tracking the ship the criminal had used to escape. But found no such luck in locating the ship.

He knew what was really going on. He knew why Carswell was doing this, and how he'd made it out of the prison.

The guards hadn't gone unconscious, they set him free. They wanted him to get out. He was the perfect ploy to make it out and keep the princess safe until after the coronation.

Though he wasn't sure on what they'd done or where they were, he knew they would not harm Selene. Even if they did manage to convince her to dethrone Levana, the prince would have their heads if she was hurt.

He hoped that when Levana was finally out of power to abuse, that she'd be put in her place. He hoped she would be tortured, maybe even until she died.

No matter what the people of his past had told him, he would never let his anger and hatred toward her go. Her kingdom, her ways, her sister, took his precious daughter from him. They killed his precious daughter, and made him betray his friends.

He'd tried to help Ms. Benoit and Doctor Tanner take Selene to Earth, to save Luna from Levana's rein. But then, when he was interrogated, by a woman named Sybil, she told him that she had information about Crescent. About his Crescent Moon. The little girl he'd wanted to hold and raise to be the perfect angel he knew she could be.

It had been a struggle, and one of the most troubling times of his life, but he gave them the information they wanted. Leading to the death of Logan and the heartbreak of Michelle. Dr. Erland hadn't seen Michelle since, and she'd probably never forgive him for giving up the princess.

And when he'd done given those wretched Thaumaturges what they wanted, when he told them that Selene was alive, and where she was. Sybil had told him the "information about his daughter" that he would never get out of his head.

"Your daughter?" Sybil had began. "Ah, yes. I remember her. She was a small little thing, and especially ... horrific. Even for a Shell. And her relentless screaming was unbearable." She cast him a smile of pure evil. "I was finally relieved of her wailing once she was killed. And I think that by killing her, we saved you and your wife a great deal of trouble and stress."

From that day on, the doctor's only pleasures were imagining countless ways in which to make the Lunar queen, her Thaumaturges, and her court suffer. Every last one of them was cruel, selfish, and unfeeling. No one with an ounce of compassion would take infants from their parents and have them killed.

For once, the world should be glad that a monarch of Luna didn't have a direct heir. If Levana had any children, they would all be as evil and twisted as their mother.

One day, the doctor swore he would get his revenge. For Luna, for all of the people who suffered by Levana's hands,

And for his little Crescent Moon.

.................

"I don't care," Torin barked at the event planner. "Postpone the Coronation until the princess is found. All resources need to be used to find her, unless you want an interplanetary war between Earth and Luna."

After at least an hour of battling the planner, they finally stopped arguing with Torin, and promptly left the scene. Though he was hiding it well, Torin was on the verge of losing his mind. Since the princess had been kidnapped, the entire palace had been in chaos. And now, it had been a grand total of four days since the princess had been taken.