A Princess, A Farmgirl, and A Hacker

Cress had been waiting anxiously near her monitors for the past hour and a half, praying for Cinder or her android to contact her and update her on the situation at hand. All she could do was wait for them. Mistress Sybil hadn't given her any assignments before she left for Earth, so until she got back, she'd be bored out of her mind.

She must have fallen asleep in her chair for another few hours before she heard a chiming from her netscreen, that blared in her head and jump scared her. She answered the comm request with speed as she recovered. The person on the other end was the friendly droid she had come to know as Iko. "Hi Cress. Just checking in to tell you that we broke Carswell Thorne out of jail and we are planning to start the plan tomorrow."

"I already knew that the convict was with you. There are already several reports about him being broken out of the prison. Others are trying to figure out what he was broken out to do. Thank the stars no one was there to witness him leaving."

"That was the princess's handy work. She glamoured the guards into leaving and made the prisoners fall asleep after Cinder disabled the cameras. All we have to do is wait until tomorrow and we're golden."

"Have you checked in on the convict at all since you broke him out? We don't want him running off before we need him," Cress warned.

"Got that covered. While the princess and Cinder are at the palace, I'm here on the Rampion with Carswell. He's not going anywhere."

"Great. So everything's in check?" Cress needed this plan to work. Because if it did, then that meant she would get off this stupid satellite. She could see the world, and she would be free.

"Yep. Also, we may have promised the ... convict, something in order to get him to agree to our terms."

"And that would be?"

"We said you would keep him out of jail as long as you could."

"You WHAT?!" she boomed. She was about to reply, saying that it would be unjust to do such a thing. Then, the door opened and a freed jail bird began to sing.

"Iko, who in the name of spades are you talking ... to?" He saw the screen and dawned on a confused face. He leaned in a bit and blocked out Iko. "Aces," he blurted. "Is that all hair?"

Normally, she would run and hide from such a comment, but this man was a low life that's one purpose was to do the bidding of others. Plus, he was hundreds of miles away from her. Why should she be afraid. "So, Iko. Why did you promise the convict that I would help him evade the law for the rest of his life?"

Before Iko could speak, Thorne budded in, irritated. "Whoa, okay. I asked you a question and you blow me off like nothing. Then, you refer to me as 'the convict'?"

"I'm sorry if I don't recognize you as much of a person, Carswell Thorne. But your records have given me a rather less than formidable impression of you. So if you would kindly allow me to continue with Iko-" she was cut off by the ignorant man.

"What records could you possibly have to make you think of me in such a manner?" he said it like he was as clean as a whistle.

"The records that tell me about the dozens of women you have been in intimate relationships with in the past year. The ones that also tell me you have little to no respect for females such as myself and that you think that this is all just a game that you can change the rules to as you please. I don't exactly appreciate that." Her voice had been stern and strong, more so than it ever had been. She had no idea what was making her so brave at the moment, but she enjoyed it immensely.