Freeing The Jail Bird

They had left the gardens only minutes ago. They parted in separate directions to not give any suspicions. Kai said that he was going to check on the Letimosis victim counts. She told him that she was going to spend the rest of the day with Iko, which was true. But she left out one, tiny detail. That she and Iko were going down to the prison to break Mr. Thorne out. It would be fairly easy, with her glamour, she could simply erase the guards memory. Or just disguise the three as officials or authorized personnel. The entire way to the cell this criminal resided in, Iko pleaded for answers about what she had done with Prince Kaito.

"Did he kiss you? Did you kiss him back?! When are you getting married?!!!" Iko screamed.

"Shh!" Cinder ordered. "Kai ... found out that I'm a cyborg. There, happy now?"

"Oh, Cinder," she said sympathetically. "What did he say?"

"He said ..." Cinder knew she was never going to live this down. "He said that he loves me no matter what and that my cyborg limbs just make me even more amazing."

Iko squealed and grabbed Cinder's hand. "I knew it! You two are perfect for each other! You're so going to get married and you'll be together forever!"

"Will you calm down?! We're going to meet a convict for Luna's sake! Pull yourself together."

"Fine." She slid on her world famous, sneaky grin. "But we're so talking about this once you've been, 'kidnapped'."

Selene sighed. You have to leave him. To save him, Winter, Jacin, and everyone on Luna and Earth. No matter how many times she recited that sentence in her head, she could never fully believe it. Kai was the most accepting, generous, caring, understanding, and wonderful person on either or both planets. And she would fake her own abduction and not give him the smallest hint that it was all an act.

As Cinder and Iko approached the criminal's cell, guards tried to make them halt. But all Cinder had to do was give them a taste of her glamour and they were out like broken lights. Cinder also took the precaution of disguising herself as a guard to not tip off anyone. Cress had disabled all of the camera feeds and puts them on a continuous loop of footage. So there was no one who could catch them on their way in or out to see the convict.

"Carswell Thorne." Cinder spoke sternly to direct this low life's attention.

"What?" he groaned. He them turned to face the two women in front of his cell. "Well then ..." He began to walk over to then, seductively. "I guess I'm pretty lucky today. I got stuck with the two hottest guards in the entire prison." He slowly reached his hand through the bars to touch Cinder. She immediately slapped it away. "Ow! If you don't think I'm your type, you can just say so!"

"We're not here to talk about the romancing of your ways," Cinder barked. "We're here on official business."

"What kind off business?" His flirty face was replaced by an expression of intrigue.

"It involves you, stealing a valuable piece of property from the Lunar Royal Family," Iko stepped in.

"May I know what this 'piece of property' is before I agree to something that is already sounding more risky than type roping over a volcano?"

"Yes," Cinder answered. "You will be stealing ..." She met Iko's gaze back to her's before answering. "Princess Selene of Luna herself."

He stood in his place, shocked at what she was implying. "Are you saying you want me, to kidnap Princess Selene of Luna?! That's insane! What could you possibly offer me that would make me even consider your offer?!"