Decisions, Decisions

Kai was only a few feet from Cinder's door, and he heard what words escaped her lips. He came to a halt and his sorrow was destroyed by pure joy. She loves me. The fact repeated in his mind countless times as he returned to his chambers. She loves me. Kai strode to his bed and pulled the covers over his body. Now, all he had to do was wait until the morning. When he and Cinder could spent time together. When he could tell her he heard what she said. When he could try to convince her to keep in touch with him even after she went back to Luna.

Kai loved Cinder. She loved him. The only problem was if Levana found out, she would force a wedding alliance between Luna and Earth. That was not the part he was afraid of anymore. If this took place before, or on the day of his coronation, Levana would control both planets. If he and Cinder were to ever be happy together, Levana could not be in rein.

.................

"No, no, no, no, no, no." Cress scrolled through the criminal files from the Eastern Commonwealth. All of the convicts were either too strong, dangerous, or just too creepy. She already looked at all of the civilian records in the E.C. palace area, which was a waste of time. None of those people would help the poor princess.

Cress was excited to have a chance that someone would come save her from this death trap. But she wanted to pick the right person the first time. As to not have to repeat the process, and possibly alert the lunar queen of Cinder's plan to save the prince and princess from a potential wedding or engagement.

At first, Cress was terrified that someone had traced her chip back to her. Then, Cinder spoke in such a calm and reassuring tone that she wouldn't have expected from her. She was in a nightdress with an android the last (and first) time she saw her. Cress thought she was some sort of crazy woman. Cinder was actually a kind person who was willing to defy Queen Levana to save two planets. That would take a lot of nerve and guts. Or this girl was crazier than the queen herself.

After Cress had began to search for a suitable person to aid then in their plans, she began to research the princess. If there was anyone who had motive to go against the queen, it was her. There had been an accident on Luna that caused the princess to have to be placed in a stasis chamber for six years. After that, the parts of her body that where gone where replaced with cyborg attachments. For the rest of her life she would be ridiculed for her being cyborg. All thanks to the probable suspect of causing the accident, her aunt. Cress thought that the princess must be ecstatic that the prince cared for her.

Cress's search for an appropriate pilot was not going very well. She had narrowed it down to people who actually had a ship and those who's crimes were not that bad. As she read the descriptions, she found one that was for theft, high profile theft, and robbery. Not once in the file did it say this convict harmed anyone on their ... trips.

She clicked the link for their full process report and found this person's name. Carswell Thorne. He had brown hair that was medium length and eyes that seemed to be part of the oceans of Earth. His ship was a Rampion model, which was able to withstand the threats of space. As she read through the file, she began to question this man. He was kicked from the American Republic's military. He stole the ship that he 'owned' and had hidden it somewhere. But what disturbed her the most was what she found under 'relations'. There were dozens of names, and ninety-nine percent of them were those of women. He was the kind of man that dated around for fun. Not for love, not for someone to be with. Just to have fun and be the heart-breaker when he's done.

What an idiot. How does he live with himself? If only that man knew what it was like to be isolated from the world around him. If only he knew how Cress felt. Then maybe he'd have more respect for love and its wonders. He might feel bad for the women he wronged. He'd know what it's like to have a life without affection. To know you'll never be loved because you've never met anyone who could. Or anyone for that matter.