Gift - Sugawara Koushi

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Hinata, your turn." Daichi said.

The successful youtuber then stood up with a gift in hand and approached the man who just spoke. "Merry Christmas, Daichi-san." Hinata said with a nervous smile –for he wasn't really good with picking gifts– as he gave the present to their former captain.

"Ah. I knew it." Daichi said with a smirk after Hinata sat down.

"Daichi-san, what!?"

"You ranted so much on twitter about how you had no idea what to give your 'second dad' for secret santa."

Hinata blushed in embarrassment when Kageyama spoke. "Hinata, you social media dumbass!"

Everyone was having a great time, even Sugawara. Though, his thoughts were still occupied by something else. You.

It had been five years since you left. He didn't have a clue where you went or what you had been up to these past few years. He tried to move on but the past kept on hunting him. The thought of you crying still made his heart sting. He thought perhaps it was only guilty that he was feeling. But he was also missing you, your smile, laugh, your lips and how it gave him the sweetest kisses, the cuddles you gave, he definitely missed you. And surely, Suga's feelings for you was still there. He wanted to forget you, but on the other hand, he knew you were the only woman in the entire universe who could make him happy.

His thoughts were then interrupted by Daichi's words. "As his secret santa, I have a very special gift for Suga." The gray haired flinched and tilted his head when Daichi grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed a number. The phone rang three times before someone answered and then he gave it to Sugawara.

"Is he giving his old phone to Suga-san?" Tanaka whispered to Noya.

The shorter man covered his mouth to prevent himself from laughing. The two idiots then received a glare from their former captain, causing them to stiffen.

The whole room was silent until Sugawara put the phone by his ear and spoke. "Hello?"

"Hello." A gentle female voice answered, making the man's eyes widened. He felt his heart skip a beat when the voice spoke again. "Hey, Ko–Suga." He knew that voice so well, he had heard it sing, speak, mumble, yawn, whine, and say those three words that he badly wanted to hear from her again, from you.

"Y-Y/N?" His voice was shaking, eyes watering as he said your name once again after quite a long time.

Suga heard you chuckle lightly. "You remember my voice?"

"How could I forget." He smiled widely as the formed tears in his eyes finally fell.

Everyone in the room looked at each other when they heard your name for they were rather surprised than confused. Except for Daichi of course who was wearing a sincere smile of happiness for one of his best friends.

"Hey, Suga. Do me a favor?"

"Hmm?" He responded as he wiped his tears.

"Go upstairs."

Sugawara paused for a moment in confusion before looking at Daichi. He was about to ask permission to go upstairs but the said man cut him off. "Go. And good luck." It was like he knew what he was going to say. He probably did.

The former setter then gave Daichi back his phone. Everyone watched him nervously walked upstairs and when he got there, his body froze, seeing you leaning your back on one of the small hallway's doors with a phone in hand.

Your hair was shorter/longer, your body changed yet he thought you were still as beautiful as ever. You then fixed your posture, put the phone back to your pocket, and faced him properly as he approached you.