Chapter 19

RILEY'S POV~

I just needed to get out of there.

How could Maya do this to me?! She watched my mother die just to save Josh.   THAT IDIOT PROBABLY RAPED HER!!!

On top of that, she lied straight to my face!!

At the sleepover, I saw her get up and go to the bathroom every 30 minutes or so and got suspicious, so one time I decided to follow her and stand outside the door to find out what was up. I heard her throwing up in the bathroom and then she walked out and acted perfectly fine like nothing had happened.

I'm not stupid. That is a pretty obvious sign that a girl may be pregnant.

I decided to confront her while the boys were busy in the other room.

*SLEEPOVER CONVO*

"Maya... are you pregnant??!!"
I whispered loud, but not loud enough for anyone else to hear

"   "

"   "

She hasn't said a word for a whole minute.

Does that mean that I was right??

There's no way... right?

Her and Lucas haven't even been on a real date yet for crying out loud!!!

"Yes."

Did she just say what I think she said??!!

I know I should probably be mad, but she's my best friend.

And this baby is gonna be freaking adorable!!

"Omg omg omg Mayaaaa!!! You have a little Lucas inside of you! Are you happy ??"

Tears are streaming down my face. In this moment, I am so genuinely happy for my best friend that I just want to squeeze her!!! But I'm not doing that because I don't want to hurt the baby.

"Kind-of"

She sounds a little unsure, but heck I would feel the same way if I was pregnant at her age.

"It's okay Maya, I will be there for you every step of the way and so will Lucas. AHHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAN THE BABY SHOWER AND BABYSIT AND-"

She stopped me and I just realized that I have gotten progressively louder from all this excitement.

Oops

"Riley shhh, I just want to keep this between me and you for now okay."

I sigh but reluctantly give in
"Okay Maya."

*SLEEPOVER CONVO OVER*

She told me it was Lucas's baby.

Well not exactly... but she let me think it was his.

She cheated on Lucas with Josh and wanted me to think it was his.

Heck she could have even planned on making Lucas himself think it was his!!!!

That's just cruel.

Millions of emotions are flowing through me right now, but I'm mostly just angry.

Angry at everything

My mom went missing a few months ago. We looked for her everywhere. Three weeks of sleepless nights and agony. When we finally found her, there were three bullets in her head and she was long gone. Taken from this world too soon.