Chapter 13

LUCAS'S POV~

Farkle flaked out on me last night because (and I quote) 'too much was on his mind.' I think we all know that it was because of Riley😏😏

That boy if falling hard for her, and I think I've known that for a while now. I'm just glad that she has someone who cares about her this much.

Don't get me wrong, cheating on her will always be on my long list of regrets.. but I can't keep living a lie. I just wish it didn't happen this way.

............
When Farkle called last night he told me we could meet up at Topanga's today instead, so here I am.. But where is he? ONCE AGAIN, not here.

He better not blow me off again, cause I really need his help rn. This plan will not- **

"Hey bro. Sorry I'm late, I had to take care of some business this morning."

What exactly is 'business' supposed to mean?? Ehh.. whatever. We have more important things to discuss.

"Yeah, yeah. Look, I need your help Farkle. I have a plan, and it won't work without you."

--------
"Ok. Anything you need. Within reason."

"I need you to ask Riley out."

" "
" "

"WHAT??!! There is absolutely NO WAY that is going to happen!!"

COME ON, YOU GUYS ARE CLEARLY IN LOVE

"Why not? Give me one good reason why not."

"Umm MAYBE because you are her BOYFRIEND!!!! And besides.. Zay would kill me.."

But you are her husband!!!

"WHat?!!! Lucas what the heck??!"

Whoops

"Nevermind. What does Zay have to do with all of this??!"

"Uhh.. I've said too much."

"NO, YOU HAVEN'T SAID ENOUGH FARKLE!!"

"Look Lucas, I am not gonna be the one to give out private information, but all I'm gonna say is that Maya is in serious trouble right now.. more than you know."

No. NO. She has a perfect husband and 2 perfect kids who love everything about her. All they want is for her to be happy.

"Umm... dude.. do ya think you might be jumping the catch, JUST A LITTLE??"

I really need to practice my inside head voice

"Just ignore me Farkle. And for the record.. nope. Not at all. It will happen😏."

"Okay yeah, let's talk about you and Maya instead.. That sounds fun. YAYYY!! *Riley impersonation* "

"Trust me, I would love to.. But you just jumped from 'Zay has a crush on Riley' to 'Maya is in a lot of trouble.' WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE??!!"

"Fine. You didn't hear this from me, but Riley is cheating on you with Zay and Zay said that he would hurt me if I come anywhere near Riley... And he said he's going to hurt Maya."

I AM GOING TO KILL HIM

"WHat?! When?! WHy?? How?!!"

"Lucas I DON'T KNOW! I literally just found out about this last nigh-"

*my phone rings*

And it's.. Josh.

Why is JOSH calling me?! I don't think I've ever had a decent conversation with the guy. My day is just getting weirder and weirder smh.

L: Hello?

J: Yo, it's Josh. I was just wondering if you could tell Riley to go along with it if Katy asks where Maya stayed last night.

WHAT!!!???? Where is she? Is she oka-- WAIT .. oh no. NO NO NO NO NOOO!!!

L: WHERE EXACTLY DID SHE STAY LAST NIGHT JOSH😡😡??!!

J: Duuude chill, help a brother out. You know where she stayed last night😏

L: IF I SEE ONE BRUISE ON HER YOU ARE DEAD JOSH, DO YOU HEAR ME??!

I'm still in total shock. I can't feel my arms or legs.

L: HOW COULD YOU KIDNAP AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER LIKE TH--**

J: Woah woah woah, I did NOT kidnap her!! Do you really think I'm that kind of guy? Cooomme on bro. She wanted to.

THANK GOD. wait.. Maya.. oh no.

L: I don't believe you. I WON'T believe you!!

J: Look I mean.. she's right here if you wanna talk to her or something, but...

Greeaaat. Just great.

M: Lucas?

Oh no.. it really is her.

L: Maya.. ARE YOU OKAY?? I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!

M: Umm.. didn't Josh tell you already. I stayed at his house last night. I'm safe, don't worry😊. But th-thanks for caring Huckleberry.
Oh, umm.. by the way.. I was.. uhh.. wondering if you would maybe want to like meet me at the park later or s-something like that?

I'm at a loss for words. Josh was telling the truth. I was stupid to ever think... nevermind.

L: Um actually I'm busy this afternoon so I can't.

I can't face her right now.

M: Aww come on, pleeeaase?? We could do 5 o'clock. It's really important Luca--

I cut her off.

L: Fine

*after those words, I immediately hung up the phone and left without saying another word*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was sooo long OMG! If you made it through this whole chapter, I LOVE YOU.
PLEASE continue to read and vote & also comment whether you like shorter chapters or longer ones like this❤❤ Thank you all so much!!

~Summer