Chapter 3

LUCAS'S POV~

I don't understand why all of this is happening.  All I want to do is talk to her and get her to change her mind.

I held her in my embrace for what felt like hours,  before she finally stopped crying and looked up at me.

I looked deep into her eyes and I saw a side of Maya that I had never seen before.  Not only is she broken,  but she is longing for something..  or maybe someone.

I knew this wasn't right,  but I leaned in and our lips brushed against each other for the very first time.   And it was everything I'd hoped it would be.  

She is perfect.   Simply perfect.

And then I snapped back into reality..   I JUST KISSED MAYA HART!!  Riley.  Is.  Going.  To.  Kill.  Me.

MAYA'S POV~

I looked into his eyes and my heart skipped a beat.  All I could think was Riley.   I can't do this to her.

But before I knew it, he was leaning in and so was I until our lips connected.  Let me just tell you..  fireworks.

A few seconds later we pulled away and sat there in silence, with him still breathing heavily on my neck.

It's impossible for me to describe the emotions that are going on in my head right now, but the most prevalent one is guilt.  I think he's feeling it too. 

However, for some reason I can't help myself and a big cheesy smile is spread across my face (I am officially the worst friend EVER).

The silence was becoming unbearable until Lucas finally broke it.

"Maya stay with me.  You can't leave, I won't know what to do with myself!"  

--

"You ruined the moment huckleberry, but that's probably a good thing."   And I ran out the door and didn't look back.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm editing these first few chapters right now and I promise you that the chapters will get a LOT longer (1,000+ words) as we get deeper into the story. These shorter ones are just setting the scene for the most part :)

~Summer