(10) the roof

We walked out of the elevator and time froze. It was gorgeous up here. I felt on top of the world.

"You like it," Farkle says sliding his hand through his hair.
"I love it," I say in awe.

We find a ledge that is safe, easy and comfortable to sit on. I sit down hesitantly but manage to sit down leaving my leafs dangling off a 25 story building.

"Okay," I begin. "I'm ready for the pictures."
"Okay," Farkle says reaching for his camera.

He stands above me with the camera looking at the top of my head. I felt my heart beat faster and my temperature rise. This wasn't from anxiety. It was from Farkle. It's funny how someone who seems so much like an asshole one day can be the person you like the next.
"Riley!" Farkle shouts taking me out of a trance and making me flinch.
"Fuck Farkle, if I flinched more I would have fallen," I say dramatically.
"Stop being a drama queen. I was holding on to you in case that happened," Farkle said making me realise his arms were wrapped around me.
"I think your picture would look cool at night," I say pushing my self backwards on too the roof.
"Yeah, it would. How bout I take pictures until then and then while it is getting dark and when it is dark," Farkle suggests.
"We will be here for hours," I say not really caring.
"I don't mind," Farkle says smiling at me.
I positioned myself back on the side of the building. We were silent for hours. I didn't care it wasn't awkward, it was nice actually.

"Ah huh," Farkle says after many hours of taking pictures.
"What?" I say pushing myself back into the roof once again.
"This," Farkle says showing me a picture.
"I love it," I say. That was an understatement, it was perfect the way the lights shine below me and how that flash caught my hair.

Farkle and I walked to a seat that was on the roof where I assume smokers went.

"Farkle," I say nervously.
"Yeah," he says ever so calmly.
"I have something to tell you but you mustn't freak out," I say fully realising that I am about to confess my love to him.
"Yeah, what's up," he says paying more attention now.
"I really really like you. I mean like like you," I say. "I mean if you don't feel the same I get it," I say starting to ramble but before I knew it our lips were interlocked.

It was something I hadn't felt with anybody before. Not Lucas, not that frat guy, not anyone. It was perfect. I felt fireworks. We were kissing passionately now, he slipped his tongue in. We were now fighting for dominance. He won. But losing like this was okay. I pull away to catch my breath.

"So you don't like me," I say smiling.
"No, can't say I do," he says with a goofy grin across his face.

We leave you the roof that night different people after we lock up the building as we stayed after hours we catch an uber back and we don't make out in the back seat but we talk. Not about anything in particular but we wanted to know each other.

A/N
Okay so I don't usually do authors note but oh my fucking god. This chapter honestly hits me right in the riarkle feels. Comment if you like it but I'm so excited to write this now and after all my short crappy chapters that helped make the storyline we are here. UGH SO HAPPY RN.