Do Not Go Gentle

(Mystic Falls High School)

Bella's POV.

As me, Elena and Caroline are walking through the gym hall which is being decorated for the 20's Decade Dance, I keep asking myself why I'm here as I'm not going and its a Saturday. So as I'm walking through the hallways for nothing, we're talking about how Ric has been.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asks us as she writes stuff down on a clipboard.

"I just...I wish there was something I could do" Elena says to her as she picks up a chandelier "Where do you want me to hang this thing?" She asks Caroline.

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself" Caroline says, and Elena hands the chandelier to a passingby student "Just no!" She shouts, and she sees Matt and Jeremy hanging up stars on the ceiling "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down" She tells them.

"Trickle, duh!" I hear Matt laugh at Jeremy, aww, Friendship goals.

"Look at them all bromancy" Caroline says to us.

"Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill" Elena tells her.

"That was nice of him" Caroline says.

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out" I explain to her.

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asks me, and I glare at her.

"Will you stop bringing that up, I only did it because I was trying to figure out what I really wanted. And I want him" I say to them with a small smile on my face.

"Well, at least he's good in the sack" Caroline sighs, and I Elena begins to make a puking face.

"I don't want to hear this" Elena giggles.

"So Elena, who are you bringing to the dance since Bella isn't going because Damon doesn't want to come?" Caroline asks her, and I stick my tongue out at her.

"What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, and I were going as girl dates" Elena says as she raps a feather around her neck.

"Hm, Bonnie has a date" Caroline tells her, and I look at her a little surprised, Jeremy mustn't be happy.

"What?" Elena asks her confused.

"Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him" Caroline tells her, what?

"Wait, the Bonnies mom's Jamie, Jamie who shot me Jamie?" I ask her, and she nods her head at me.

"So here's a thought, why don't you ask Stefan?" Caroline asks Elena.

"I can't ask him on a date, He's just turned his humanity back on" Elena argues with her.

"All the more reason! Look you're supposed to be figuring out what you want, that's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?" I say to her, but she looks upset and confused.

"Yeah, but-" Elena tries to say, but Caroline cuts her off.

"But nothing! I've watched The Bachelor, okay? Fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn" Caroline tells her.

"Yeah and you're not biased or anything" Elena comments, and I snort uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry, but Stefan is your epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight" Caroline tells to her.