The Ties That Bind

(Salvatore Boarding House)

Bella's POV.

Klaus had woke me up early this morning, and he said we were going to the Salvatore house for a visit. Since last night I don't know what has happened to him, he's being really nice to me and letting me see my friend's. Although, on the other hand he may just be trying to make me like him, but it's not easy for me to trust people that fast.

When me and Klaus entered the boarding house, he had compelled me to stay by his side while we were here. So as Klaus was sitting on a chair as he drank alcohol and blasting some music, I'm sitting on the sofa as we wait for someone to come down stairs. I then hear footsteps, and I look over my shoulder to see Stefan entering the living room and he turns down the music.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan asks him, and he spares a glance over to me.

"Enjoying our stalemate" Klaus replies to him with a smirk.

"What do you want?" Stefan asks him more clearly.

"The question is what you want? My hybrids left town as you demanded, so please tell me what I need to do to get my family back?" Klaus asks him, as he leans in his chair.

"Well, see...Klaus...I'm not negotiating, unless" Stefan says to him as he looks at me.

"Firstly, No. And second, you understand, that holding my family indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean?" Klaus tells him, and I look at Stefan with sad eyes.

"No, No. You leave Mystic Falls, give me Bella and then give me call in a few years and we'll talk" Stefan tells him in an angry tone.

"I can give you another chance. Just one more. Let's make a reasonable deal" Klaus tells him, and he stands up to walk over to him.

"Or what? You make one move and I will drop..." Stefan tries to say, but is cut off by Klaus' laughter.

"Yes, right. Crazy Stefan. How is that working out for you? Any friends left?" Klaus asks him, and Stefan stays silent. So Stefan still has his humanity off, even though he can turn it on if he wants to. Klaus then glances over to me, before looking back at Stefan "I'm going to give Bella a free day, she can go anywhere she wants for today. And maybe after today, she can convince you to give me my family back" Klaus says to him.

"So I can see my sister?" I ask Klaus, and he nods his head and walks over to me.

"Now, don't go too far out of town as I'm going to send someone to pick you up, love" Klaus tells me as he starts to walk away "Goodbye, Stefan" Klaus says, and he leaves. I look over to Stefan, and a huge smile appears on my face as I pull him into a bone-crushing hug.

"I've only got 24hrs... So let's go find Elena and Bonnie" I tell him, as I pull away.

"Let's go then" Stefan tells me, and we both leave to go see my sister. I miss her and Jer so much.

(Skip to the Gilbert Residence)

When me and Stefan arrived at my house, no one was home. So Stefan decided to call Elena, but I told him to not tell her I was here as I wanted it to be a surprise.

"What?" I hear Elena ask annoyed on the phone, and I use my vamp hearing and I start to walk around the kitchen.

"Where are you?" Stefan asks her.

"Bonnie and I are gonna spend the night at the lake house, while we wait for Sheriff Forbes to give us new addresses" Elena tells him, and I look at some papers on the table.