Ordinary People

(City Jail)

Bella's POV.

Me and Stefan have been stuck in this cell what feels like forever, but I'm Pretty sure I hasn't been any longer than twenty-four hours. Just as we are loosing the will to live, Damon enters and me and Stefan look up at him.

"You know, if you two are gonna keep us locked in here for the next decade, I think we can skip the routine visits" Stefan tells him in a weak voice.

"You know I'm not a big champion in this whole Lexi-Recovery-Plan...but Elena thinks this place is gonna weaken you both up, break you down and make you feel again..." Damon explains to us.

"We should all listen to Elena, right? I mean her plans always work out so well, don't they? Why are you here?" I ask him in a bored tone.

"What are you talking about? It's Friends and Family Day at Vampire Rehab! So, I'm paying a visit to my baby brother and my... Friend, who I care about" Damon says as he looks at me.

"Did you just friend zone me, I really thought we were closer than that, Damon. Or have you moved onto my nicer half, Elena?" I ask him and I raise an eyebrow at him, and Damon looks at me distraughtly.

"She's right, Damon. why don't you go play with my... Leftovers. Now go away" Stefan tells him, and I would laugh at his remark of Elena if I wasn't so weak.

"Nahhh. I thought we could hang out, a little Vampire/ brother bonding. How've you been, Stef? Bell? Huh?" Damon asks us, and I roll my eyes at him.

"You know, Klaus may wanna keep Elena alive, but that doesn't mean she's safe with Rebekah..." Stefan trails off, but knowing Rebekah she's probably preparing for homecoming.

"Liar, liar pants on fire, brother. Klaus compelled you two to protect Elena, and if either of you thought for even a second that she was in danger, you'd be working a lot harder" Damon says to us, and he's probably right.

"You got us. You got us!" Stefan says to him sarcastically.

"Yep" Damon says to us, he's so big headed.

"You got us. You're good. Congratulations! You can go now" I say to Damon as I stare at him, waiting for him to leave.

"You really have given up" Damon says to us.

"Actually, this is our happy faces..." I tell him with no emotion. Damon then stands their looking at us for a couple of seconds, before walking over to us and starting to break the chains that are tying us down, and me and Stefan look at him confused.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asks, and he just took the words straight out of my mouth.

"Screw this Lexi-plan. I think we could all use a drink" Damon tells us, and I hope he means more than just a glass of bourbon.

(Skip to a Bar near Mystic Falls)

Damon had driven us to a bar near the boarder of Mystic Falls, and with all of these people around I'm really getting hungry.

"I got this back, Elena" Damon tells Elena on the phone before hanging up "What are we drinking?" He asks us, and I look around the bar.

"Hopefully something a little bit warmer...and a little bit blonder..." I say as I eye the blond bartender behind the bar, and she sees us looking at her and she comes over.

"Hi!" She says to us with a chirpy voice.

"Hello..." Damon trails off as he checks name badge "Callie. I would love a shot of your best whiskey, and my brother and friend here would love a shot of you" He says as he compels the last part.