Chapter 14 - Harmony (Bonus Chapter)

Author's Notes - Hurray! Finally! Alright, so listen carefully: if you loved the original ending, if you don't want to take any risks, if you think this might spoil it for you - don't read this. I'll be completely honest - to me, the story ended in chapter 12. I decided to write this anyway because you guys have been just so amazing and you asked for it and I would do anything for you. Literally, anything. That's how much I love you. I just hope I'm not making a mistake. Don't want to ruin anyone's experience. Anyway, this got so incredibly, ridiculously long, I decided it couldn't possibly be an Epilogue. It is now, officially, a gift to you, my awesome, loyal readers. It is a Bonus Chapter. To you, the story can end last chapter, or in this one. Well, my lovelies, here goes - your late Valentine's gift from me. I really hope you like it.

Chapter Fourteen

Harmony (Bonus Chapter)

“Go, Adrian!” Sophie shamelessly screamed, her voice echoing throughout the foreign gym walls, although not making much of an effect as she was definitely not the only person screaming.

Adrian, whether aware of her loud support or not, furiously ran at high speed to the other side of the basketball court with the ball in his possession, he passed it to one of his teammates and he scored, giving at least half the spectators a good reason to jump and celebrate with joy, including Sophie. The blue eyed girl clapped and waved at her boyfriend as he looked in her direction, winking a perfectly green colored eye at her. She blushed and blew a kiss at him.

Sophie smiled as she realized how deliciously different her presence at his games were now, compared to the first game she watched. That time, she had been hiding in paranoia, her fear of his rejection keeping her from fully admiring his skills and from fully enjoying the game. Now, every time he played, she made the best she could to remind him (and the cheerleaders) that she was there for him, no matter what. She jumped, she marveled at his athletic abilities, she supported him and she even hugged his mother whenever he scored. She never missed a game, not for the last month, ever since they officially started dating. The word “official” was important, because Adrian had mused that they probably had been a couple longer, even before meeting in person, even if they hadn’t been aware of it. But then, Sophie pointed out that if that was the case, it meant they had cheated on each other and so Adrian promptly changed his mind and decided that their “official” dating only started when they actually met in person.

“Did you know that termites eat faster when heavy metal is playing?” Kevin shared with Charlotte who, in spite of not being much of a sports fan and not living the events with half of Sophie’s enthusiasm, gracefully accepted to accompany her most of the time.

“No, I actually did not know that,” the red haired beauty answered, surprise plain on her face. “This kid is abnormally smart,” she confided in Sophie, eyeing Adrian’s little brother with amazement.

The game was over just a few minutes after and they quickly got out of their seats on the stands to meet the players. Sophie tastefully lingered behind for a few moments, allowing Adrian’s family to talk to him briefly, until his mother quietly left with little Kevin on her arms – but not without waving and smiling at Sophie, who gladly returned the gesture. She gleefully approached him then, her smile only getting wider as he rested his strong hands on her cheeks and gently kissed her lips.

“That was a great game,” she told him.

“Yeah, I kicked some ass, didn’t I?” He smirked and she rolled her eyes. “Did you like to see me rule?”

“Always.” But before she could find his lips again, someone interrupted their little moment.

“Great game, Adrian!” It was Diane, one of the cheerleaders. Actually, she was the cheerleader. “Hey, Sophie, nice to see you.” She shot a huge, beautiful smile at Sophie before leaving. Sophie returned her smile, but couldn’t help herself but frown as Diane gracefully walked away. She was a genuinely nice girl. That didn’t make Sophie any less jealous or possessive of Adrian when she was near her, though. Subconsciously, she grabbed Adrian’s shirt with more strength and pushed him closer to her. When she returned her gaze to him, he was grinning.