"Connections"

Chapter Thirteen

"Connections"

"Finally you decide to step out of your lair?" Yoongi said as he raised an eyebrow at Jimin. The younger was fresh from bath and was heading to the kitchen to grab an apple. Jimin didn't really say anything to the elder as he walked passed him. He leaned in the kitchen counter, now holding an apple in his hand looking up at the ceiling. Jimin couldn't get enough sleep last night because he was crying, the only thing he could feel was embarrassment because he's well aware that Jungkook could hear him.

Jimin walked back to the living room and sat beside Yoongi then started to nibble on his apple. "By the way, Namjoon was with me last night he wanted me to tell you that he'll be meeting his boyfriend later. He was wondering if you have free time to meet the boy." Yoongi informed switching the previous channel to a different one.

"Oh really? Aren't you going to come with us?" Jimin asked looking at the older boy beside him.

"Nah, I have something to do later." Yoongi said as he turned to look back at Jimin. Yoongi was looking at him with concern and worry, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed. "You look so... stressed?" Jimin was a bit startled when the older reached out his hand to card his fringe. "Are you depriving yourself of sleep Minnie?"

Jimin looked down on the half eaten apple in his hand. "No, I just...I'm just..."

"Heartbroken? I've heard." Yoongi said and Jimin cringed at the elder's serious tone.

The younger nodded and looked up apologetically, "I'm sorry for not sharing." It's not that he's oblige to but out of their years of friendship he should have told his hyung what was happening.

Yoongi looked really disappointed as he spoke, "I'm supposed to be your hyung. I know I haven't been one to you but I'm not a complete ass. I care about you, you're like a brother to me, the dearest brother I never had. And I can't believe you never told me your problems. Do you think I don't give a fuck about you?"

Yoongi was now staring at him, Jimin gulped, "I'm so sorry hyung. I just didn't know... I thought I could fix all of my problems alone..." Jimin said barely audible as tears filled his eyes. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin's shoulders and pulled the younger close.

"It's okay kid. Just don't forget I'm here to lend a helping hand. I've got your back." Yoongi whispered in Jimin's slightly damp hair while patting the latter's back.

"I broke Taehyung's heart hyung." Jimin said nuzzling his face into the elder's chest, wiping his tears in the process.

"I've heard... the boy was so broken he... well, he got so drunk last night."

"You were with him?" Jimin asked as he raised his head to look at his hyung in the eyes. "I thought you said it was only you and Namjoon hyung?"

Yoongi nodded, "I couldn't mention him earlier. You wouldn't open up if I did." Jimin blinked and rubbed at his eyes. He bit his lower lip, feeling the guilt he had tried to hide. "To be honest, I didn't think you'd break up with him, I remember you were fanboying over the small things Taehyung does. I knew how crazy you were with him but I guess expectations are different from reality?"

"No hyung, he was still amazing... he was more that what I expected to be honest but the thing is. I'm not really in love with him. I'm in love with who he is."

"Oh... you should've given him opportunities to- "

"-And I'm in love with someone else." Jimin confessed and the other shot him a quizzical look.