CHAPTER FIVE

The cocktail party to welcome Alex Tanner to the Boukjay company was over flowing with people anxious to be seen by and talk with the upper echelons of the company.

Ryan Murray, Richard Tanner, Mr Conroy and Alex were the center of attention as they were the center of attention and as well the triumvirate of the company that controlled trillions and billions of dollars and millions of jobs.

   Mr Conroy, a tall and lean quiet English man with a precise British upper class accent, a cap of grey hair.

A man whose shrewdness and corporate savvy had kept him at the top of his post for fifteen years as the Director and Richard Tanner's best friend for even many years.

He had hand chosen His lieutenant and been well rewarded for his trust in them. Ryan Murray was being groomed for his post which he would certainly attain when he retires.

Watching the ambitious young executives swarm around Alex.

Diana thought wandered to what happened one week earlier. The mere thought of it brought blushes to her cheek. Alex had helped her secure a job  with the help of his father, with this she had been filled with great ecstacy ever since she received a call the following day telling her to resume work on Monday, she was also notified about the cocktail party Alex to the company which was to take place the night of her resumption.

Since then, the thought of seeing Alex again had made an ominous chill wave over her body, making a great strange anxiety to settle on her.

''Are you okay?'' Rachel asked Diana startling her while at it.

''Yeah, sure'' she replied blinking her eye twice to take in her present surrounding.

''Mr Alex is a dear'' Rachel spoke warmly, looking around for his tall,gracing figure, missing the way Diana's eyes darkened to a stormy black at her comment.

Diana surprised as the urge of jealousy in her when her friend Rachel mentioned Alex's name and searching for him admist the crowd.

  ''I was fond of Mr Richard Tanner but I'll admit that, I think I will enjoy working with his son even more. Rachel said with hope '' I only hope that he keep things hopping just as always.'' 

Introducing Alex into their conversation was definitely a  mistake after all Rachel thought to herself as her eye fell on her friend's line of gaze, she could all but notice how Diana stormy eyes became even more darkened as she stared at Alex.

'' let me go get a drink."  Diana excused herself having been caught by Rachel, leaving her before she could start with her series of question already, she smiled innocently at her as she walked away.

Rachel  knew that her need for a drink was all but an excuse to get away

Just as Diana worked away from a lady she was with before,
Alex gaze followed Diana's sexy strides as she walked towards the bar perhaps to get a drink or something. He was going to ask her for a dance, he smirked at the thought, taking note of how well the apricot colour of her dress suited her creamy complexion.

Ryan Murray had already stretched out his hand out for Diana for a dance when Alex forestalled him by extending his own hand out to Diana, blocking Ryan gesture, something hard and frightening was in his eyes as he looked at Ryan.

''I've already warned you once," Alex said with soft,purring menace. '' Diana is off limits to you. "

   ''Mr Alex!'' Shocked, taken completely off guard, Diana gasped his name, dismay filling her as to how he behave and speak in such a manner about her, as if she was his, which she clearly was not, but then would die to be, but at least not like this, most especially in a business function that was to welcome him into the fold.

He barely knows her.

''What?'' Alex asked her in a pretence voice. He saw her frown and hastened to explain himself.

''You owe me a dance and you know it'' she murmured something something but he only ignored her, pulling her into him.

She tried to pull away muttering " let me go of  me''

But Alex constrained her and started to dance with her. 

They could both feel the fire of attraction igniting between them both. Gazing into her blue-green eyes he said to her

'' you're beautifully fascinating'' he lowered to whisper in her ear. Where had that brilliant line come from

'' Thank you. " she whispered back, before she even began to wonder what Ryan her co worker and boss thinks of her now.