CHAPTER FOUR

They both froze as the light turned back on and the elevator door opened.......

It all happened too fast and too soon.

Diana Blame stomach churned as she stood up abruptly, her face blushed red and furiously as well at the memory of what would have happened.

She wiped the back of her forearm over her brow, felt it wet with sweat she didn't even know was there few minutes ago.

  Alex stood up precisely the same time she did.

She really indeed had stirred desire he didn't want to feel but instead of acknowledging this he threw her a deliberate vague glance.

She felt dirty and slutty. What was she thinking.

Pushing the thoughts at the far end of her mind to get right back to them.

Diana bent to pick up her documents she had brought along with her for the interview, standing straight back up with her bag and documents but she felt her spirit sink as she saw the other applicants leaving the building.

She had eventually missed the interview. With this realization her heart ached. 

    Together, they stepped out of the elevator. They could both see a hand lots of people waiting outside the door already, amongst them were the electrical unit, they could be identified by their attire as it was yellow in colour and on it was ''ELECTRICAL UNIT'' in bold letters.

   They all bowed to Alex in respect, with this Diana's eyes widened in surprise.

Does he work here? His he the CEO? Diana thoughts arose in her pretty brain from different angle. If he knew someone from the company or rather still works in here, why hasn't he talked about it? Her thoughts wandered off, she bit her lips aggressively and tucked her hair back to place.

Ask him she urged herself, that will give you all the answers to your question she clarified.

She haven't even ask for his name Diana froze at that realisation. Few milliseconds ago  she would have kissed a total stranger ! Stranger!! Her brain rung.

Slutty much? Huh?

  Diana could see his emerging figure from the crowd and then he was standing before her.

"So.......'' He started trailing off awkwardly.

"So?'' She asked in pretence, taking in a deep breath to hide her vulnerability.

"Do you work here ?'' She stated finally letting  her curiosity get the best of her.

"No I don't but my father does'' he replied.

She was just about to ask another question when he added "As CEO of the company'' 

Diana lips opened agape. "I came here to see my father but then I left to attend to an urgent meeting but as it seems,  I've missed it already. " He puts in.

" Thanks to the elevator anyways.'' He added "And you? What brought you here? Do you work here perhaps?" He asked casually. Instantly acting as if nothing was about to happen between them in the elevator few minutes ago

Seriously? Who does that?

" Would you mind telling me your ...'' Diana began, only to be cut off by him

"Alexander Tanner'' he replied

" I wasn't asking for your name actually,  but that could work, you know me knowing you name'' she denied.

"Am here for a job interview, to answer your question but with no doubt you can as well see am not gonna be interviewed as I am late.'' She said with pure disappointment in her voice.

"If you really need this job, as much as  I could detect in your voice and expression" he started seriously  the need to  help her rising big in him.

"Then you have gotten it already'' he completed sonorously  and motioned for her to follow his lead.